A Big mistake with FAKE iPhone x and made me fooled!

Level 2

Hello everyone! Hope you're all doing well and enjoying offer up.

I'd like to share my recent offerup purchased story.

I've been buying and selling more than years now. Unfortunately,  recent purchased was a big mistake I did that was an iPhone X Unlocked, a guy posted a week ago and I did offer because I was trying to buy iPhone X. Finally, we meet and make a purchased because the phone looks good and everything was same as iPhone. When I came home and set up everything and insert SIM card and run apps somehow, it works but not great what should be in iPhone X. Never trust the website that checks the iPhone IME it will not show correctly for every iPhone.

I just learned a lesson from this purchased. So, Don't be a fool you guys, you are smarter than mine.

This was my last purchased ever! 

I hope this help others not being a fool! like me.

R

10 REPLIES 10
Community Helper
Dont let this be a last purchase for you. If this was me, I would have had a meet up at a phone store, doesnt have to be your own. They will be able to verify if the phone is real and unlocked. I hope you dont let this get to you. Scams are everywhere nowadays.
Level 2

I agree! that was my first mistake gave myself for everything. I feel same as mine. Its true to don't trust people who never know. Now at least I learned from it because of real thing happened.

Thank you for the comment, @aidenholley.

If you weren't going to share the scammers name to protect others don't share his race. Because all you are doing is allowing stereotypes that people have on here that black ppl are all scammer and it's not true. I have been scammed 2 times here and guess what, the ppl aren't black. A scammer is a scammer. We can get your point without putting race in it.

But sorry that happened to you.
Level 2

Thank you @Yolanda002018 for comment.

I'm sorry about that you got 2 times scammed!

The people are being really dumb with money selling their fake items. There is a lot of a good way to earn money. Anyway, we need to be aware of this kind of people and I'd not recommend buying any electronic items from offerup or craigslist sites because I'm not blaming offerup but people are who trying to using offerup and other craigslist site to scam people and I've been seen a lot of fake items on offerup.

Community Helper
You cannot post links to other peoples profiles or items. I would recommend removing those links as they are against the community guidelines.
Level 1

i met this person selling me a fake iphone x at a starbucks, everything looked fine but when i came home i saw the camera and everything else and realized it was fake. i am freaking out someone please please help me what do i do

Level 1

i met this person selling me a fake iphone x , she was a tall black women with the name "mary" but she now changed it to "jessica" , we met at a starbucks , everything looked fine with the phone but when i came home i saw the camera and everything else and realized it was fake. i am freaking out someone please please help me what do i do. i already reported her. i dont know what her real name is or any of that but i am not deleting our conversations and i have contacted starbucks . please what do i do and who do i call. help me, 

Tags (3)
Highlighted
Community Helper
There's not much that Offerup can do if it was a local meetup. Have you contacted her to see if you can get a refund or at least let her know?
Level 1

she scammed me she knew what she was selling me. i told her i would call the police if she didnt give me my money back. she scammed me for 500 bucks and i need that for school books. does anyone have any solutions can anyone help me

Tags (2)