Anyone bought a car on here? Success story?

Level 4
Anyone here have a success story about buying a new set of wheels on here? I'm in the market for a ride but it seems like sellers often over inflate the value of their cars due to sentimental value. I've seen quite a few prices well over Edmunds book value.
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Level 9
I've had good luck Buying cars and motorcycles through the app Some people are definitely ridiculous on their price but other people can be reasonable. Here are a few tips that may help you out 1st if you're buying a used vehicle for the love of God let a Mechanic look at it all used vehicles have issuesEven new vehicles can have issues it's totally worth the money to take it to a local mechanic that you trust and have them look over it this way you'll know if there any catastrophic failures in the near future of the vehicle. 2nd never hand over any money until you have a clean notarized title. Make sure the title does not have anything under lien holder make sure it is in the name of the person that is selling you the vehicle Make sure that it is signed and notarized if it's not notarized it's not Valid also make sure you check the vin on the vehicle matches the vin on the title. Remember in live in most States when you're buying a vehicle from a private party the Sale Is considered an as is sale unless you have a written warranty any Verbal warranty the seller may give you will not hold up . Just a few tips from somebody that's been doing this way too long good luck and happy hunting.
Level 4
That's great advice and info. Appreciate it.
Level 1
Yes. I negotiated in person though after I drove the vehicle and looked at it.
Level 1
I recently bought a motorcycle on here. We haggled in person after meeting and seeing and hearing the bike. Talked him down into a price that I was ok with, but it may have been a bit too easy.... I am about finished with going through the whole bike and repairing replacing everything that was wrong with it. Not a very happy buyer, but then again, I didn't have to pay a lot for it. Just invest more blood, sweat, and few angry words at it, than I intended to
Level 1
Please be very careful when trying to buy cars from long distance sellers or from buyers that ask you to 'contact them through a personal email address.' Also, if they try the above using fake eBay invoices. This is a big scaming system and you will loose your money.