Car Scam

Beware people will set you up for failure especially in desperate times. Never again! I just got had $2000 for a promised car distributed through EBay
4 REPLIES 4
Level 9
Through eBay?

Depending on payment method you should still be able to get your money back.

Report any users asking to pay outside the app
Level 1

This has to stop.. My daughter almost sent one of these criminals $1500.00 through ebay.

I have reported several this morning. There must be an algarithm offer up can use to filter these guys out.

The ads all seem to have the exact same car for sale in 10-20 different cities around the country.

Here is the lastest one I just flagged.  

https://offerup.com/item/detail/644794719/

ND1
I see a lot of these scams on Craigslist and here and I flag them.

It’s weird to me that people lack sense to pay someone they never saw for a car they never saw from someone claiming to “ship” a car... the scam is horrible and people really have to smarten up with these ads

@ND1 wrote:
I see a lot of these scams on Craigslist and here and I flag them.

It’s weird to me that people lack sense to pay someone they never saw for a car they never saw from someone claiming to “ship” a car... the scam is horrible and people really have to smarten up with these ads

People are blinded by the potential deals/savings and greed, so it does not matter how outlandish the scams appear.

When the iPads were released, there were people selling just boxes (with fake iPads) in shrinkwrap, and there were people buying them (IN PERSON), thinking that they were "new in box" iPads (not just a box with a plastic dummy iPad inside) BECAUSE of the low prices. It's called simple greed.