Ebay vs. Offerup

Level 9
Ahhh thats why I had not heard of it
I have mostly dealt with eBay, Offer Up, and Mercari. Here are my thoughts.

I have bought a lot off of eBay with a few problem sellers but mostly great ones. I love the variety and the prices are often pretty good. I've never listed sales there because I don't have the app and worry I won't get notified about sales.

I've bought quite a bit off of Mercari and the prices are generally a little higher but I shop hard for deals, and bundling is encouraged, while people don't seem to like to bundle on eBay. I have the app so I have listed some items and recently made my first sale. I'm excited, but waiting for payment is a bit annoying...

Offer Up has less to offer near me and some people supposedly ship but I can't figure out how to look for items that ship specifically. I bought one item, driving over 40 miles to get it because another person near there was selling something else I wanted but I could never get them to answer after that so I don't even know if they ever sold the item or what... There is another item I want, too, but I fear a similar problem. I have listed things for sale and have gotten weird messages, probably from trolls, and made no sales yet.

All of them have a purpose, so I keep them all for now. If they become unnecessary, I will no longer use them.
Level 2
I agree.
Level 2
I get more Business on Offerup and i like the feed back from others.
Level 9
@factsdontcare have you had any problems receiving the payments after sales? I read many forums about Mecari not paying or taking forever to give sellers their money.

@Dad_Tired wrote:
@factsdontcarehave you had any problems receiving the payments after sales? I read many forums about Mecari not paying or taking forever to give sellers their money.

I have had very minor issues with Mercari (I only sell...1300 sales on US acct/71 sales on UK acct/ 2221 sales on Japanese acct). Their business model initiated as "shipping only" (same as eBay) and most of the bugs were worked out before the app deployed in the US, since it started in Japan. As with most of the selling apps, there is minimal customer service support, but the app is efficient.

Most of the problems that other Mercari users have expressed is a result of the shipping delays/problems. As with any selling system, I keep immaculate records (I keep video/screen capture for all transactions in real time), so if there is any glitch on the server end, I can provide all the proof/documentation on my side.

Level 9

@factsdontcare  You are right. You need to keep records of everything you do when selling or buying. People should follow your reply and take it to heart.