Free...Not Free, make me an offer .

SOLVED
It would be nice if offer up would limit items that are posted in the free Category 2 just that being free instead you find many postings that's a free not free. Make me an offer perhaps there should be a section added for bidding or trade but not in the free section. it just seems disingenuous to post something there that you're really not giving away.. It's seems like a Ponzi bait-and-switch type of scheme and it shouldn't be allowed. Just saying....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
I'm fairly certain that the OfferUp staff would agree that the free section is for free items only. I would report any users posting in the wrong section just to get more views.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
Level 9
I'm fairly certain that the OfferUp staff would agree that the free section is for free items only. I would report any users posting in the wrong section just to get more views.

View solution in original post

Highlighted
People lie, cause words are free... you will cross paths with many liars but you can't let their negativity affect you... Moving on is best. They've already taken too much of your valuable time. The more you dwell on them the more importance yand relevance you give them. Maybe the item had bedbugs or termites and fate came to your rescue... We can't change other people we can only control how we let their actions affect us.
Level 3

Good advice... I so agree.  

Great idea
Level 1

Agreed completely! This is becoming incredibly frustrating and taxing to have to sort through all of these bogus listings where items aren't actually free, yet are in the free category. I've reported plenty, but they just keep popping up and users who do this are obnoxious. They're total waste of accounts because people seldom purchase from them anyway and with good reason. 

Oh, and if it isn't a 'loljk not free makes me an 0ffur XDDDD hue i watch shark tank' then there is this massive, spammy paragraph talking about a code we can use for some scammy site. 

I'm so sick and tired of it. I really hope the OU team cracks down harder on these people. This is why we can't have nice things.

Level 3

I report a ton of offers that seem too good to be true. I also report free items that are not free, people offering services, or accounts that appear to be spammy. If the seller or OfferUp user has not taken the time to verify their identity, email, phone, or FB and they have an item or offer that seems unusual, I typically report them. It takes a few seconds but I kinda feel like if they are not going to take the time to have a real verified profile then I'm not going to take the time to entertain their offer or I will report them. I'm sure the OfferUp tech has a threshold that will trigger an action after so many reports against the same user. Hopefully, their tech keeps getting smarter so these type of accounts get treated accordingly! 

I agree. I report people every time.
Level 1
You got to buy one to get one free? I thought free ment no money..🐣🌘🚨🗿
Exactly!