Is there a fee now to list a vehicle ad for a non-dealer

Neighbor

Hi, every time I attempt to post a new ad for a motorcycle I'm selling (private party, first vehicle ever attempted to sell here) and I get a notification directly from offer up 2 seconds after I hit publish stating I didnt pay the listing fee for vehicles.  Of course I see absolutely nothing anywhere within the app or online about this fee, only a note to update the app - which I do and of course it is exactly the same, nothing about any listing fee, second attempt to list gets immediately rejected again same dumb notification.  So I completely uninstall the app, reboot and re-download and re-install and still nothing.  I figure I'd give it a shot here to see whats up before just dropping this app once and for all....  Thank you

8 REPLIES 8
Level 1
Did you ever figure this out? I posted my motorcycle last night and this morning I saw that they removed it right after I posted it claiming I needed to pay a fee. I was never prompted/explained that I needed to pay to post a motorcycle. It never even gave an option to pay for the fee.
Level 1
Having the same issue as well. I even have a card on file for buying stuff and it still does the same thing.
Level 1
I recently posted a vehicle on offer up and it told me after the third time I posted a vehicle they would charge but they didn't charge for that one. I posted on Craigslist as well and it's $5 an ad every time for a vehicle. Facebook Marketplace nothing as far as I know.
Level 1
I sent them an email last night about the removal of my post and the fee. They finally got to me and said that the listing was mistakenly flagged. They put my listing back up and didn’t mention anything about a fee. You should email them about your listing.
Community Manager

Hey Guys! This thread should help answer your questions!

Level 1

Please read the post before linking non relevant links.

The issue here isn't the cost.  It's the fact that there's no way to pay it.  You post the ad and it immediately removes it saying you didn't pay a fee, which again, never gives you the option to pay.

The previous post even states that Offerup mistakenly flagged the post.

What is the best way to contact Offerup so this mistake can be rectified?

Community Manager

@Peedy85  This will help get you in touch with our Customer Care team.

I'd say the last link is relevant to the title of this thread. As for technical issues related to the payment, our Care team should be able to assist! Smiley Very Happy

Level 1

Now that is some helpful information.

Thank you very much!