SCAM ALERT!!!!

If you go to the car sections and see a 2008 Honda Accord for sale for $1000 please report it. I was recently scammed by this so I have to protect everyone else on this app. The seller is going to ask you to email them instead of messaging them on offer up. DON’T DO IT. The seller gave me a bogus story about how her husband had lung cancer and she just wants to sell the car because it gave her bad memories and she wants to get rid of it. She’ll also say she got a free shipment of a vehicle so you don’t have to pay for shipping. They then give you a fake logistics site called Amazon Worldwide Inc. you send the payment through vanilla cards all cash. They even give you a fake tracking number and make it seem like it’s traveling to you from another state. When it’s close to you they’ll say the car need insurance and it’s $1000 more but you only have to pay half because the seller will pay the other half. Once the car is in your area. It won’t be delivered. And once you go back to the email to pull it up. It won’t pop up anymore and there will be an error in your browser. I’ve been trying to get into contact with customer service for OfferUp to tell them about this threat but it seems they don’t have a customer service number so I can talk to a human being. At this point I know it’s no way I can get my money back so I just want to warn everybody of this threat so it doesn’t happen again.
5 REPLIES 5
Level 1
I have people contacted me through messages that they want to purchase bags and ship my items to their friends or kids and will pay extra 100$ for the shipping. Haha! Also, they asked you your phone numbers and will pay actually through PayPal but the bad news is that the payments were actually fake.. So please be aware!
Level 1
I had a similar experience but on rhe Letgo App. People from random cities in US bit no state, asked them to verify theor profile. Next day their profile was gone?!?!!?
Level 1
I had a similar experience but on rhe Letgo App. People from random cities in US but no state, asked them to verify their profile. Next day their profile was gone?!?! Wierd...also some insisted to overpay for shipping and only wantes ti use Paypal. Glad I didnt give any personal info!!
Level 9

@Amber9er these people have invaded all the sales apps! You were wise not to fall for them. Remember never give out personal information and never contact anyone using Thiers. Stay in the OU app and stay safe!

Level 9

@Kimlove855  these scammers are constantly changing their approach so the easiest way to stay safe is if they want you to contact them outside the OU app or they ask for your personal information, then their scammers and stay away from them! Remember stay safe stay in the app!