Scam or no scam?

SOLVED
Level 1
I got a reply on a post I am offering...the reply prompted me to email an individual with info and pics of product....i did so...then got a reply saying there will be a check and the individual had his own shippers but the whole thing sounded way too suspicious so I replied back and said CASH ONLY and haven't heard back...how can I check this out for myself???
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
This seems like a very common scam on this site. Usually if they want to email off the app, they're going to scam you.

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9
Community Helper
This seems like a very common scam on this site. Usually if they want to email off the app, they're going to scam you.

View solution in original post

Level 1

Brian, I was about to post the exact same scam.  The individual wanted to send me a check for the $50 I wanted for some dishes PLUS another $50 if I would hold the dishes until his check got here.  He would include money for the shipping.  But get this.  When the check arrived it was from a aheating company in the Midwest. He wanted me to cash the check, take my $100, and Moneygram the difference to the shipper in Kentucky.  The check s for $1090.  He wanted me to wire $990 for shipping

Level 1

That is a big time scammer, stay away from that.

Highlighted

I'm new to offer up. They tried this on me today.

Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forum @dmhoyt
Community Helper
Welcome to the OU Community forum @bless8301!
Much success
to you in the future! 👍😉
Tags (1)
This just happen to me
Their email was eddiewillson609@gmail.com
I got the same thing today as well! This is what brought me here. A guy messaged me to email their dad or something some pictures, so I did and the older man explained to me how his son wants to purchase my product for his 65th bday and he will send a check with extra money so I can pay the moving company and I ended up telling him to pay cash and deal with his movers himself and got no reply. I'm just scared bc I did give him my email and my parents address which is where the product I am selling is located.