What Was Your First Vehicle?

Community Manager

We wanna know - what was your first car? Did you sell it on OfferUp? Or buy it on the app? Smiley Happy

My first car was a Honda Accord - it was the 25th-anniversary edition and I loved that thing. Drove it until it had 250k+ miles on it, then sold it to an old friend for next to nothing years before OfferUp existed. Had OfferUp been an option for me back then, I probably would have tried selling it to someone other than my friend!

96 REPLIES 96
OfferUp employee

Chevy Malibu! Drove that thing forever and then gave it to my brother when I went away to college. Smiley Happy

Community Manager

Hah! @0317 @Elin My first car came from my sister. Keeping the cars in the family! 

That old car of mine lasted 4 days after the transaction was complete. The old friend was texting while driving and rear-ended someone 2 days after getting the title in her name, it was totaled.

PSA - NEVER TEXT WHILE DRIVING Smiley Happy

Community Helper

First car: Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera

@Mj_206, texting and driving is unbelievably dangerous and far too common!

Community Manager

Aaaaaagreed, @cyclomatic! Personally, I find it to be selfish. If I'm in a car with a driver that is texting, I enjoy giving them a stern mom-voice lecture Smiley LOL

Community Helper

@Mj_206 I've never been in the same car with a driver texting. I would have no problem demanding them to pull over and let me out!! 

Community Manager

lol, @0317 that's usually what I do! Especially if I'm in the front passenger seat. Whos got 2 thumbs that aren't busy driving? THIS GAL - so gimme your phone and lemme text for you. Cat Wink 

Level 3
Texting and driving smh that’s why I sold my street bike! First car was a Acura integra loved it!
Level 9

My first car was given to me by my parents on my 16th birthday.

A two door Candy Apple Red with white leather interior--

A Plymouth Scamp.

That lady drives a Scamp… remember that jingle?

Awe the memories! Smiley Happy

Level 1
1978 Toyota Land Cruiser fj40