What Was Your First Vehicle?

Community Helper
Welcome to the Community Forums @NamesAllison. Those mid-80's Celicas were hot cars!
My first vehicle was an Acura CL 2.2 4 cylinder automatic w/V-tec and a silenced intake motor. I purchased a lemon from a dealership lot for roughly three thousand dollars with a blown head gasket. I learned automachanics through my first vehicle on my own. Sometimes in tragedy there is blessings...I now know how to tune a vehicle, take apart an engine, diagnose malfuntions through process of elimination, solder joints, rewire electoral faults, and install replacement parts such as radiators, manifolds, coolant hoses, valve cover gaskets, distribuidors, etc.
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community Forums @Wastedpotential. Sound like you maximized your potential there. I've always wanted to learn more about under the hood as well. I had the same experience with my first PC through.

Stick around the Community Forums And continue to share you ideas, opinions and experiences with us.
Thank you! It has became my hobby and new found passion working on cars.
OfferUp employee

@Wastedpotential Awesome! 

Community Helper
Wow @Wastedpotential
UR very vehicle savvy !
My first car was a Toyota Corolla purchased from my families' Pre-Owned car lot. No interest paid lol
Tags (1)
Level 9
My first car was Plymouth 2 door white make by Chrysler bought it with my money earn during summer jobs. It was second hand car, it didn't had any major issue with the engine. I ised it during last two year my H.S and all my college years. Once day someone not pay attention T-bone it the car was total. I did learn a thing or two how to taking car of old car that car teach me alot about how to become yourself mechanic. Lol
Tags (1)
Community Helper
@StevenY-
Sounds like you sure got your monies worth out of that White, 2-Door Chrysler & here to talk about it!
Can relate to learning basic vehicle repairs at an early age.
Carried "fix-a-flat" in my trunk AT ALL TIMES! Lol 🔧
Level 9
@KSARASARA, lucky for me, I live not too far where I attended schools and works. I didn't put much miles on my car. As basic car care, someone had beat me to it in this Community Forum @Mj_206 purchase vehical precheck list. As far maintenance for me my car must had good tires, battery, lube oil and kept good records of what you done to your car. Otherwise you end up spend extra money on stuffs you have already replace. Other major components I had someone expert I trust to works on my car. Nowadays, at your fingertips, try YouTube youu can search anything you wants online about car care.
Level 9
@KSARASARA, who does your car maintained? It sound like carry fix-a-fat works for you. I thinks road services is must safer than fix-a-flat. For me, I wouldn't get out change a flat tire on any major freeway. It too dangerous not even put in some fit-a-flat in to tires.