Who taught you how to drive?

SOLVED
Level 1
I am one who is Self Taught.
Level 1
My father taught me how to drive just before I started college. I went to boarding school in highschool so it was unnecessary for me to have a car until I graduated. His "driving test" surpassed the DMV in all areas, especially the actual driving test. I guess because he was my dad, his need for me to be proficient in driving backwards at 30mph was necessary for my safety? He worries alot. I had to parallel park perfectly over and over until until he could measure the distance from the curb to the tire precisely and consistently at 12 inches.
I look back on that and still laugh to myself.
Level 9

@IHateBill  My daughter would agree with you. LOL! As a father I just wanted to make sure she was safe. I made the test hard. Out of love. When she took the test she came out laughing at me. Dad! That was so easy. Aaah, the things we do. LOL! We, All fathers are sorry! Well! LOL!

Level 9

@Jones68 we say were sorry, but we're not! Proud is more like it. I have 4 daughters and 1 son, the youngest is 22. Myself I had drivers training in 1974 in highschool. It was mandatory. Got my licence at 16. Didn't want dad teaching me, no way. I valued living to much. He was a bit over the top, in everything, discipline, achievement goals, rules, for us not for him. But he was still "dad" and I respected him. Try to be more understanding and patient with my own. Sometimes dads teach us how not to be. Sounds like you got your !!!!! together with yours! I'm glad to here that. You should be proud of yourself cause you did it right! Maybe if I have any more kids I should send to you for driving lessons!LOL

Level 9

@Woodguychris  Thank You. You know it’s all about being patient. You’ll be surprised at what your kids can do. Oops, young Ladies and young men. LOL! I didn’t know what kind of father I would be but I knew I wanted more for them. I’m proud of them and I love them. Yes! My hair is gray. I thank them. Don’t want to be all white haired so you teach yours. LOL!

I started learning a stick by driving my Gpa’s tractor on gravel back roads when I was 11. Tried learning my boyfriends VW @17. He would just give me the keys and people on inclines taught me how Not to wreck their cars by pulling my brake handle up until they pulled around me. I finally learned how to shift, keep the car from going dead and not rolling into other vehicles. Be careful, you can do it!