Why are they charging to post cars

Level 1
It’s been free I don’t get it all the action on here is going to stop
11 REPLIES 11

@Raybecca1 wrote:

How many cars do you sell per month on OfferUp?

Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Raybecca1! This is a great question. I'll be addressing this in further detail later this week, but we have a blog post here that explains our Autos program and the additional features and perks it includes. Some of those perks include Carfax, VIN verification, Click to Call ability, and more. 

@Raybecca1 wrote:

The reason for my preivious  question is that the only people who  have complained about a fee for posting vehicles are those that sell more then 3cars/month.

Level 2
Only dealers are allowed to sell that many cars per year!
Level 1
lol I dont agree with that. I sell and buy a different car every few years. Give or take, but the length of time is irrelevant. They cited the added features, but they chose to add those. I don't give a crap about the "extra features." I use free buy a sell apps because I can post for F R E E
Community Manager

@McLoven1t Unless you sell more than 3 cars every 30 days, this will not impact you. As I stated earlier, Craiglist now charges $5 to post any car. OfferUp users can post 3 cars per month, every month, for free. That is 36 free car posts per year. Anyone selling more than 36 cars per year would be a dealer. On Craigslist that would cost $180. I hope this clears this up more.

@Mj_206 wrote:

@McLoven1t Unless you sell more than 3 cars every 30 months, this will not impact you. As I stated earlier, Craiglist now charges $5 to post any car. OfferUp users can post 3 cars per month, every month, for free. That is 36 free car posts per year. Anyone selling more than 36 cars per year would be a dealer. On Craigslist that would cost $180. I hope this clears this up more.

@McLoven1t  ...  What @Mj_206 meant to say  is "3 cars every 30 days" or 3 cars/month, hence "36 cars per year".

In many states, selling more than 3 cars (in others 5) /month is considered a dealer by law. 

Level 1
YAY FOR MATH 🤪
Give it some more time and more additional charges will follow other posts. First it was all free, then it was "pay to promote." No big deal, every "free" always had charges to choose. OfferUp is still better then that LetGo crap lol
its been over a month im wondering why it said my last listing was the last free one for the month