A seller is using my pictures to sell something something he doesn't have

Level 1

I texted a seller about tickets he was selling because he had a picture of my tickets. He came up with a story that he got them from work and can't go. I have sit in this club before so I know what to expect. His answers weren't matching up. I asked him to meet at a police station since they have a meet up area and he blocked me. I had a friend email him and he gave her a adress to meet and the house has been busted for **bleep** 4 times in the past 2 years. Will offeerup do anything?

12 REPLIES 12
Level 1

block them

Level 9
Have you reported the user to OfferUp?

Have you filed a police report for a plausible scam?
Level 1

I did report it. He's using a text free number. 

Level 1
How did this person get your phone number?
L11
Level 8
@kbynes
Sorry to hear about this. Not exactly clear about what or how this happened to you BUT...I'd suggest reaching out via PM to one of the Moderators on this site and letting them know more specifics. They will help escalate this. Best of luck to you. L11
Level 1

He took a picture of my tickets that I had for sale on craigslist and claims it's his. He wants the money first and than he'll meet up with you to give you your tickets. Scam. 

Level 1

I gave it to him for more questions that he couldn't really answer. He's using my pictures into scamming people into buying tickets that he doesn't have. 

L11
Level 8
@kbynes
Too many nut jobs out and about. Be careful, be sneakier than him & I hope you catch this freak! So sorry to hear. 😦 L11
Level 9
I'm confused like Jackie72966

I don't know how you would know that unless you communicated outside of the app.

He can't use a voIP number to sign up so he can still be banned and police can also possibly interveen if you file a report.