Advice

Level 1
Can anyone please give advice on how to sell things?
7 REPLIES 7
Level 9
@Missnadia20

Welcome 😁🎈🎈🎉
What are you trying to sell?
Level 1
Clothes and a 19” tv for now
Level 9

@Missnadia20

It seems that people who "model" their clothes within the photos do quite well, in addition to bundling a full outfit and/or bundling multiple items of the same type of clothing.

Always list the brand/make/FULL model number of everything, like the 19" TV. If it is a plamsa/LED/LCD tv, indicate if there are any scratches/dead pixels on the screen.

Majority of the ads on OfferUp lack pertinent/thorough descriptions, and although it may take a few minutes to type them out, it could be worthwhile.

Highlighted
Level 9

Hi @Missnadia20 welcome to the forum,,,,,,,,,,i think with  selling a tv,,,,,,its all about priceing it right and meeting at a place it can be plugged in to show the buyer it works,,,,,,,,,,as far as the clothes,,,,,,,i just dont know,,,,,i see a lot of womens clothes selling on offerup,,,,,,,,,but it looks like its just certain items that are popular that move fast.and i think it depends on who you are,,,,,,,,,,i know some of the young women i know that sell on offerup actualy sell to people they know on facebook,,so they already have a lot of their own customer base.,,,,,,,,,,,anyway those are two items i have not sold much of,tv and  clothes

Community Helper
Take several images of the clothing's, listing size, condition, if there's any marks on the items (make a note of that so people know exactly what their buying). Also, in terms of the T.V., indicated pictures, make & model/serial number, a clear price (if price is firm or negotiable), & just be clear & honest with others & that will take you far. Thanks for sharing your questions. I hope this helps!!
Level 1
Still need help ?
Community Helper
@Dae-Dae--Hi there, you need help with something?