Amazing stories on offer up

SOLVED
Level 3
I'm fairly new to Offer Up and frequently read the posts from buyers amd sellers to get a better sense of " learning the ropes" since it seems so hard for me to sell my items. Anyway, I stumbled across a post that enlightened and inspired me as well. Upset a little about not selling anything in weeks and moaning and groaning about offers that i thought were ridiculous and
what have you, and just went on to the forums and was reading to get that different mind set. When I read a gentleman's post about how offer up helped him in a way that I would have never thought of. This is not just an app for people who want to make a little extra cash or get rid of unwanted clutter or buy things cheaper or however , this is also a community of peoole. People who are real even though we communicate through typing for the most part, this is a real life. The gentleman had posted how offer up helped him get through one if the roughest times in his life and how he was so thankful for offer up to allow us to have this app. Even though it's posted the public, I will not go into details about his post however, I will say this....as I am wiping my tears and so great ful he shared that with the community, I read on further to find another post where this gentleman is down sizing another lady who he thought was " talking to much' . Please people , we are all adults here and it's not like a "gossip" or "topix" app. Be adult about how you approach someone when replying to their post. Don't be ao quick to call someone names and make them have a bad day because if something you posted on offer up. I mean come on, for real!?! Enjoy this app and be thankful we have it and treat it and the community with some respect . If you have something to say that is offending to someone else save it. Let's not make our liesure time after or before work or school so insulting or rude. You never know what kind of day that person has already had. Have a great day!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
You said it @Cindyjo!
"We are a Community of people"
Funny how someones kind words can turn your day around... Or vice versa. Appreciate your heartfelt topic Smiley Wink Take care OU neighbor!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Helper
You said it @Cindyjo!
"We are a Community of people"
Funny how someones kind words can turn your day around... Or vice versa. Appreciate your heartfelt topic Smiley Wink Take care OU neighbor!

View solution in original post

Level 3
REMEMBRANCE, I hardly have time to read in the forums anymore since I got a new job. But thank you for acknowledging the truths to us all as a community and life is so much better when people are kinder. I know I sleep well at night. Lots of love to all!
Tags (1)
Community Helper
Well... Congrats @Cindyjo and much success to you on your new employment opportunity!
Take Care... Ciao´
A lady asked if I was going to post my item every day until I sold it because she was sick of getting notifications. I told her yes as that was the point of the app... to sell our stuff. I recommended that she reach out for offer up help to find how to shut off the notifications.,She said if she received one more notification she was going to report me which I thought was ridiculous. I repeated back to her that she was reporting me for trying to sell my item every day... the intent of the app..
Then she asked if I’d change the category. I told her in the further a better way to handle this would be.... Hey Nancy... could you please change .... as I’m not interested in.... and keep getting notifications. Thx much appreciated. I told her that being mean and attacking puts people in defensive mode and isn’t helpful. She apologized.
Community Helper
@NLS28--That's so true. We never really know the impact that we can have on someone else. Sometimes it could be as simple as changing the way we come across to others.