Asking for a lower price, getting the lower price then never following through?!?!?

usually when i make my listing price i make it for a bit more then i’m willing to take so when an offer is made we can meet in the middle usually around what i originally had thought i’d like to take from the begging. once you come to an agreement and they flake also is one thing that ticks me off
Level 1
I hate when people say they want to buy ur item. Then u ask them when they can come get it and then I never hear from them again does this happen to anyone one else like wtf!?

It is part of the package when selling used items. People perceive selling sites, like this, as a virtual "garage sale" or flea market/swap meet. You ALWAYS expect bartering in those venues, this is no different. And because there is no "seller protection" etc, they can't be held accountable for not showing up. Like I stated further up, it happens in Brick and Mortar stores too. An Antique store is perceived as a thrift store as well. I get it ALL the time in my shop. I am sorry that you all are frustrated and irritated. But the site is called OFFER up, there is a button to make an offer, and in reality most people do NOT read the description but knee jerk react to the photo.And it doesn't matter WHERE you sell, it is going to happen. I am a 6 yr seller on Ebay and Etsy with a physical store. There is NO PERFECT venue for selling. It is what it is. You basically have two choices, sell or don't sell. But I believe in CUSTOMER SERVICE above all things, it is the nature of MY business. I can't be rude, or short. I won't have return business or I get in trouble with the admin of my selling platform. These sites are for selling, yes, but NOT for making a LIVING. I wish you all well and a prosperous day Smiley Happy

Community Helper
Yes I totally agree with you @Decades_Antqs
Level 1
I hate people that do this and I noticed that guys hit up my gf asking about the product then boom they try and flirt so then boom she blocks them guys are **bleep**en pervs I swear I’m a dude myself but I’m here to sale not hit on female sellers
Level 9
It never hurts to askSmiley Wink
VLA
Level 1
Sorry but the distance issue is one of my pet peeves. Why do I need to drop my price simply because you decide to look for items outside your area? People have asked me to significantly drop my price because they have to drive x amount of miles. Sorry, but it’s not my fault you live an hour away.
Level 9
Maybe we should keep track of lowballers and troll, they should have a poop emoji tagged on their profile, just a thought.
Level 1
Unfortunately there will ALWAYS be people who won't follow the rules.
Level 1
I couldn’t agree more!! I’ve met some great people from this app, but the majority of people on here, I’m sorry to say, are either very cheap or very dim witted. I can share a pattern and I’m sure you can confirm: the ones that ask 21 questions about an item, I KNOW FOR SURE will never follow through. They ask a ton of questions, take up a good chunk of your time and then they either stop replying or they make up an excuse not to buy it. I’ve told several co workers of mine, it’s a great App but it has made me lose some faith in humanity. Sorry not sorry.