Asking for a lower price, getting the lower price then never following through?!?!?

Level 1
All the time. It’s like people are window shopping and on a whim they make an offer and then you accept and that’s the end of it. It really is annoying but the bottom line is people are impulsive. I used to get excited when someone made an offer, now I only get excited when I have the money in my hand driving away.
OfferUp employee

@Robert23 I appreciate you being honest. Smiley Happy Most importantly, I'm so happy you've made some great connections here!! 

First if the forget about listing a item at Firm unless it's at a very cheap price from it's original price. It doesn't matter if your only discripton of the the item is just FIRM 20 times. That ask button is still there for the buyer to ask. Research the item on here and what's it going for. It's better to post a item at a higher price than you really want. Because nobody really wants to pay the asking price unless it's a retail store. I know I don't. Instead of that $10 asking price consider maybe posting $15 or $20, then you will most likely get the amount you really want or even more when they offer. Also be sure to give a good description, good pictures and have the item clean.
OfferUp employee

@AzucarMorena Yes, yes, and yes. Smiley Happy

Level 1
I'm afraid there's no way around this issue my friend, there will always be others trying to negotiate a better deal for themselves and when the deal doesn't satisfy their needs they you just never hear back from them. Unfortunately I don't think there's much that the application staff can really do when it comes to this necause no matter what there will always be the type of people that negotiate. The best way to deal with this issue is to try to comprehend the client and if their deal doesnt satisfy ylu skmply tell them so to avoid confusion and stop responding, if the person starts barrassing, threatening, spamming you just report them and block them.
Yeah, it’s a pain in the behind. I think some people are aware of post pick-up only, but they still do it because in all honesty, it doesn’t hurt to try. They always also ask to lower the price because again, you never know, so it never hurts to try. Basically, every buyer is trying to agree to terms they want, even though you are trying to make a profit, not them.
Tags (1)
I haven't sold anything on Offer up but I have on Mercari and Poshmark and both sites I see this all the time where sellers list Firm & potential buyers always ask for lowest price. It's frustrating no doubt, I usually don't list things as firm but I do have a post in my "closet" on Poshmark that says not lowballing which means no asking for under 30% of the original price. I made an Excel spreadsheet with the percentage 10% to 100% (it goes in 5% incriminates) off of $100 original price at 35% the coloring turns red. It's kind of hard to explain but you can't post pics here otherwise I would. Anyway it kept most buyers from asking for ridiculously lower than asking price.
Level 1
Rite
Level 1
My price is my price don't ask for less is how i feel
Level 1
Happened to me today, a lady wanted $25 earrings reduced to $20, I took new pictures too, then we arranged place to meet and she cancelled saying she’s not available. I think people should only make an offer if they really seriously buying.