Buyer’s Safety

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
When it comes to you wanting to buy a product from a seller, but not sure if your comfortable with meeting up. Make sure to check reviews and get in contact with the seller, to assure yourself that the Seller is trustworthy and nothing wrong will happen.

This is something big in the OFFERUP community, with things such as Theft, and other scams going on!
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@TheSaltyCola--Great advice, & it's also important to meetup in a well lit area, & take someone with you. Don't simply rely on the buyers reviews. Checking reviews can be positive in a sense, but doesn't necessarily show the whole picture of who the person truly is. Thank you so much for your thoughts!!
2 REPLIES 2
Community Helper
@TheSaltyCola--Great advice, & it's also important to meetup in a well lit area, & take someone with you. Don't simply rely on the buyers reviews. Checking reviews can be positive in a sense, but doesn't necessarily show the whole picture of who the person truly is. Thank you so much for your thoughts!!
Level 1
I ve been selling items n buying items from OfferUp for about 2 years never had a problem ! Now when ever you are going to meet anybody to sell them anything what I do is , I ll meet them at a public place where there’s a lot of people just for ur Safety! Make sure the person buying the item is the only one to get in ur car or see the items ! Once the person buying has seen the item in person make the transaction as quick as possible , u get ur money n the buyer whatever he bought , exchange thank yous n leave ! Also make sure once you left the site where the transactions was made nobody is following u ! That has never happened to me but just in case ! Always be alert n if things looks not right , or things or the transaction is not going like u expected leave ! Grab ur item n leave is best to be safe than sorry !! If a buyer ever tries to rob u or tries to do something not right or does anything that makes u uncomfortable report it to OfferUp n explain to them what happened n they will decide if to suspend the person or terminate them from the OfferUp app ok ! OfferUp is an excellent site to buy n sell anything ! That’s been my experience with OfferUp!!! Good luck !!