*Check Scam*

Community Helper
@TheTidyMOM--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! It's unfortunate when buyers or sellers scam because it causes people not to have as much trust in one another. Thanks so much for your time and sharing your thoughts!! Welcome!!
Level 1
I think I have a same problem!! I tried to sale my sectional for $1300. Buyer send me online check for mobile deposit in my account and I already did it.. what can be my next step!! Please help me out with some suggestions.. I don’t share any of my information yet though..
Tags (1)
Level 1
Have the funds cleared?
Same thing happened to me today. Was going to pay $50 extra to hold the item for 2 business days and would send a check. Once it clears they would have movers come and pick up the tiny item. Told them sorry cash only and haven’t heard anything from them since.
Community Helper
@Skylar526--Thank you for sharing your experience. It's a great thing that you didn't fall for this scam. Too often we speak about this type of thing, & people are still believing that somehow there situation might be different, & they won't be scammed/ripped off--but then it happens.