Cleaning Items Up Before Selling

Level 1
I think it is a great idea to clean your items up before taking pics and attempting to sell them.
Not only should you be able to sell your items quicker.
I also believe it is good for The OfferUp site,
Where it does not appear that people are selling broken things and garbage on here.

What are your thoughts?
5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Agreed 100000000%!!!! This is the mark of a serious seller in my opinion, and it leads to a quicker sale!

Level 9
I have a "listing kit"
Alcohol to remove pen mark on boxes
Lysol wipes
Microfiber towels
Goof off
Glass cleaner (foaming kind, I LOVE THIS STUFF)
Fabric steamer and iron
Etc..

Besides the fact that my laundry Never gets done because I am constantly washing bedding and pillows for sale
My husband hates that part, but even sometimes when I go shopping, I will start a load of heavy stuff at my local laundry mat, by the time I come back its ready for the dryer.
People are gross if they dont care enough to clean things.
Community Helper
Most definitely @Phil_Webber!
Even if the item is clean (everyone has varied standards to cleanliness)... a little freshening-up "Always" makes a difference!
Seen some items that could of used a little @RevivalGypsy assistance too... Smiley Happy
Level 9
Someone on another app was reselling a duvet that she received with "poo stains", like literal poo stains. She paid $179 and decided that leaving appropriate NEGATIVE feedback was worth losing her return amount. Cant say I blame her.
But.... then she listed it herself with the flaws for $89.
Sigh. Burn that thing to the ground
Community Helper
Oh... No... They didn't!
Uugghh...