Counterfeit money around san bernardino and surrounding area

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1
I personally got paid with a fake 400$ bills and 600$ in real bills its a shame that I can't regain my item that I lost out on I want to help people to be aware and rasie awareness.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi @Bmwlifer have you reported this to our Customer Care team? If not, please report this right away so our team can investigate.

23 REPLIES 23
Level 1
Where abouts in San Bernardino was this?
Community Manager

Hi @Bmwlifer have you reported this to our Customer Care team? If not, please report this right away so our team can investigate.

Community Helper
Hi @Bmwlifer welcome to the OfferUp Community forum,
I’m assuming you also reported this to your local authorities. If so I would highly recommend taking a screenshot of your conversations with this person, also one of his profile page before he blocks you.
Just in case the authorities need to refer to this information. then you will have this information on hand if they ever need it.
Level 1
Yes that happened to me too I try to sell a frigerator that people came to U-Haul and try to give me a fake $20 you have to be careful in San Bernardino when you're dealing with internet cell's the best thing to do is to make sure you don't do it by yourself one make sure the money is real before you even give them the merchandise and don't act like you're afraid and a lot of things I've noticed over price for the same price that store I think the whole point is to get things for cheaper than you would buy them in the store because they're used people forget about that sometimes we're supposed to be
Level 9

Hello @Katrina909

Welcome to our OfferUp community. Wishing you all the best with OfferUp. 

I have a question for you: How do you make sure that the money is real? I have not had this problem so, wondering what I should be watching for.

Hello there. My husband got paid with counterfeit money, as soon as he went into offer up to report it the buyer had already deleted his profile. He has all the conversations saved and did obtain a license plate, police report has been filed. What else could we do on this site)
OfferUp employee

Hi @Mentamom, please have them contact our Law Enforcement team right away with details of your report you filed with them so our team can work with you all to get this solved. More information here. Please let me know if you have any questions by sending me a message!

Level 9
Counterfeit detection pen on older bills. Newer bills have color changing ink, a security strip, and a hologram. A set of pens costs $5-7 on Amazon.
Community Manager

This is a great recommendation, @Captodometer!! Especially if you're dealing with larger bills as well. Good tip Smiley Happy