Do you consider your self an offer up expert?

SOLVED
Level 3
So, I ask because my family and myself call me, "The Offer Up Queen", thats because I do all kinds of sales, a little trading, and some buying, I get and have been a packrat for my life, I have tons of gently used, unused stuff that I sell on offer up and my family knows I will help them sell some of their stuff by helping with pictures, wording, and even coaching conversation at sell time. I'm so in love with the fact that this site exists, and have tried other sites but they dont compare. We even crack jokes about my obsession and I spend much of my time preparing and posting, I'm proud of the 5 star rating I hold and being honest & fair is my ultimate motto. With over 90 sales, and about 20 buys, I have lots of oddball things that just havent sold but every now and then it hits, I love the cash ching when it alerts of a possible sell. Okay, thats my story, how about yours?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1
I like your style Smiley Happy Your attitude is superb. I agree with you 1000%.
35 REPLIES 35
Community Manager

I love this post so much, @Jaynana58!! I'm glad you found these forums because I'm sure you have some tips and tricks for us! I'm a more casual seller and buyer, but I'm beyond passionate about this community. I found OfferUp through an old friend actually! He told me all about the app and to apply for a job, and here I am ~3 years later! Smiley LOL

My favorite part about OfferUp is our Community MeetUp Spots!

Level 1

I sold things on eBay years ago (maybe 12 - 15 years ago) but it just got hard to keep up with and work full time too so I just gave it up. I too am a pack rat so I recently listed a few items here but didn’t opt for the shipping. I live in a small town and haven’t really had any hits on my items yet. I think I priced them low enough, good descriptions and pics. I’m just wondering how long to leave them before maybe lowering the price or removing them. I’m still learning and welcome to any tips. 

Level 9
Search the forums there are several posts with great tips. Good luck
Level 1
Thanks I’ve read a few topics. Still trying to learn my way around the forums.
Level 3
Great story! I haven't sold anything yet, been on for about a week. Got stood up once already with an item I am selling but time will get my stuff sold. I just gotta hang in there.
Level 3

No...I'm certainly not an expert at selling in OfferUp...but I love the fun and the thrill of the sale.  OfferUp is a unique platform in that they are professional and very organized site.  I'm retired and have time to invest in what I'm doing so therefore I've had nothing but good experience's.  I did have a run in with a very rude seller...but as for as I'm concerned that was then and this is now.  Age has taught me too move on and not let it happen again .  I say just try to have fun with it...enjoy the fun of being a part of society and having a purpose.  I'm not going to miss a meal or a deal if any one particular buyer passes me by.  There will always be another person come alone that will want what you offer and at the price you are asking.  No need to remove a post or reduce the price.  Odds are you're already selling way to cheap anyway.  Just wait and keep working at it... It will sell.  You bought it.. so will someone else !  I love OfferUp...and I sincerely care about all of my fellow seller's.  I wish you all the very best.  Just keep trying and things will happen ...good luck !  ❤😊

Community Manager

What a great post, @Marysidney!! Love all the positivity! Best of luck with your sales Smiley Very Happy 

Level 1
I consider myself a beginner. I am very long winded. I may need to get a better camera. And, I hate letting go of things. As you must know, things must go somewhere eventually because I seem to run out of room.
But, I had to have this and I had to have that and... You get the idea.
So, hello, OfferUp queen ☺️
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Bobcat2! You may be a beginner now, but you can be a pro in no time! There are so many great tips posted on these forums!