Do you reply to profiles with no picture?

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 3
if you ask me I feel kind iffy about it I understand privacy but I would feel alotmore comfortable knowing who I’m potentially meeting. Offer up should do something about that. Like give us an option to have people with no picture messaging me
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 9
I notice that even when people post picture. When you meet them that do not look
Like their pictures
62 REPLIES 62
Level 9

I beleven that every, member should be required to post a picture  and information  about them selves. 

R

Community Helper
I can understand @Linamine24 but this also goes both ways. Let's take this hypothetical: I don't use social media accounts and post my pic and personal info because I work in law enforcement. Visible and active in a unique capacity to many in the community. I don't want to post my pic where any and everyone can track me in that way. Some people feel safe also by not posting a pic.
Besides pictures don't guarantee anything. If someone was up to something, they could just put anyone's pic up.
But as always, there are other ways available with TruYou, ratings, phone etc. Of course, it's always advised to meet in high visibility, public areas or police stations areas. Following safe transaction and meeting methods along with using our intstincts are our best tools.
Level 1
I use a picture of my cat because I don’t like using a picture of myself. Just pay attention to how they’re talking to you like if they are pushy or rude and like everyone else said , look at the reviews and everything they use to verify their profile!
Community Helper
Hi @Linamine24 I totally agree with cyclomatic I my self don’t put my photo on OfferUp, I have my icon because you get some people making remarks like are you married, just trying to look for a date, when the app is for buying and selling items not people. If you use the new OfferUp profile tools that helps people see how reliable and how long they have been a member of OfferUp also other information you can get a good feeling how safe people are to deal with.
Community Helper
@Chillaxed, you need to review the rules regarding your post. I can relate to your frustration but document and report to your bank and local police.
Community Helper
@Chillaxed welcome to the OfferUp Community forum 😊
I understand your issue, but the OfferUp guidelines don’t allowed the use people’s name like this in the forum. I’m not trying to be rude or anything just giving you a heads up. I know people don’t think or have time to really reading the rules and guidelines. but it helps stop us from bothering you on this issue 😊
Level 9

I brelieve  that every, member should be required to post a picture  and information  about them selves. 

R

Level 9
Pictures are totally unnecessary, especially women. All it does is cause problems, if you don’t believe me, ask them, I hear about them getting harassed all the time because of it. What does it matter what we look like? 🤓
Level 1
Oh ok sorry about that. I’ll make sure to read the directions.