Do you want to talk? Or do you want to sell?

Level 9

In the past 48 hours of wandering around the community, ( sometimes feeling hopelessly lost ) I've come across several posts that don't look like posts at all. They appear to be ads! Are they lost, because I thought we had a place for ads. Are you selling a concrete saw or do you have a question about one? Do you want to discuss the aspects of estate sales or are you advertising yours? Are you asking what makes furniture an antique or you trying to sell yours? And so on and so on. Is this getting out of control? We need to police ourselves as a community to weed these out and keep this forum pure. The way its intended to be. I want to know what your opinions are not what your selling and how much you want for it! The management can't be everywhere so let's help them out.

7 REPLIES 7
Level 4

I've come to the conclusion that- yes, they are lost @Woodguychris Robot LOL

On a more serious note, I couldn't agree with you more. Weeding out these posts would be nice, I think maybe there should be a way to report inappropriate posts here in the forum similar to the way we can report within the app.

Level 9

@Woodguychris  I believe the rules say you can’t do that. There is a place for it but like you said we do run across it on some of the forums. You should report it and move on. I’m like you. It’s not the place for it. Yes I do talk a lot. I enjoy meeting and talking to new people. But in the end we are here to help each other and buy and sell. When I see the ads I do say something. I do report it. 

Level 9

@Fredyfred5  You can report them. If you look on the right side of the post. There are 3 little dots. If you touch it, it will give you the option to report it. 

Level 4

Awesome! @Jones68

Thanks for pointing that out

Level 9

@Fredyfred5 @Jones68 thanks guys for reading this I wasn't going to say anything but then I saw one more ad disguised as a post and well.... I do use the report option as well.  Thanks again!

Level 9

@Woodguychris  @Fredyfred5  Hey, if everyone started calling it out, it will stop. Well, most of it anyway. There are people who will try and try and............  

Level 9

@Jones68 @Fredyfred5 One thing everyone can count on is I will do everything in my power to help stop them as I know you will too!!!!