Ethics

SOLVED
Highlighted
Level 1

I’m new to offer up and wanted to post about my first experience trying to buy an item and dealing with a seller. My first time on offer up I found a beautiful item for my garden and I had scheduled a time and place to meet the seller to pick up the item. I hired a babysitter to watch my kids so I could make the scheduled meeting and the day of the pick up I received a notification that the seller sold the item to someone else before we even met up as scheduled. In my opinion if you schedule a meeting/pick up with someone and then turn around and sell the item they were going to pick up that is just downright rude and inconsiderate and bad business. So not only did my scheduled meeting not take place and apparently meant nothing to the seller but I am completely disappointed now and also majorly inconvenienced because of it. I had to pay a babysitter for nothing and the sitter had to rearrange her other clients to fit me in and all for nothing!! What kind of seller does this to someone? Seller:Linda does!! It’s so rude and unprofessional and I don’t want to use offer up ever again because of it. So..Thanks, Linda for costing me money and inconveniencing me and my family. And also for being the reason someone stopped using OfferUp all together. I hope other members see this post and stop doing business with you because you are unreliable and scheduled meet ups with you don’t go through and your word as a seller means nothing!!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Level 1
Don't let one jerk stop you from using offer up. I've used this app to buy and sell things very successfully for a few years now. I have ran into a few bad apples. But all in all its an awesome app.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Helper
Welcome to the Nationwide OU Community forums
@Badassmother
Ciao´ for now...
Level 1
Don't let one jerk stop you from using offer up. I've used this app to buy and sell things very successfully for a few years now. I have ran into a few bad apples. But all in all its an awesome app.
Level 1
Thank you for the comments. I will give offerup another chance despite the frustration of my first experience thanks to members who’ve given me the perspective of not letting one bad apple spoil the bunch.
Level 1
I agree that you got the worst experience from jump street ,
Unfortunately there are instances where as in LIFE people can and do make bad decisions.
Seller Linda made one that cost not only her sale to you but now countless future deals for anyone that you might have done business with.
It's also a fact that there are a lot of buyers that don't follow thru with you even when you go beyond accommodating to whatever the need might be.
I have sat and waited for no shows myself . But it's just not any different than real world there will always be some that only think of themselves.
I wish you would stay and participate more and see that there are real people here that are tying to just do good business and have pride in being part of a community of their peers.
Level 3

If someone wants to schedule afuture pickup I tell them ok but I will not hold the item if someone els come before then I will sell it to them. I’ve had people flake so no holds.