Explain this--I got paid!! BUT...

Level 6
Ok, OfferUp. Explain this one--I got paid 5 days before the buyer received their shipment. The fact that it took USPS 8 days to ship a 1st Class package less than 80 miles is a whole other issue.

More details-I believe what occurred is the buyer made a single payment on two separate items I had for sale. The buyer chose the shipping option. Item 1 was received by the buyer in 3 days. Item 2 took 8 days to arrive. Both items were shipped at the same time.

I was authorized for payment on day 4 and funds were deposited to my account on day 5.

Any ideas?
5 REPLIES 5
Level 9

lol @Suzanne1,,,,shhhhhhhh,,,,,,,dont tell the ones that have been waiting over two weeks,,,,lol

Community Manager

Sounds to me like you've been using this feature a lot, or may even be a Super Shipper, @Suzanne1!!

With each completed transaction through our Shipping feature will establish the relationship between Stripe and your financial institute - meaning you get paid faster! We're REALLY working on ways to improve the payout timeline from all of the feedback we've received. Stay tuned for even more Smiley Wink

Community Helper
---Super Shipper @Suzanne1--- 😊
Would really enjoy you sharing some of your Successful Shipping Secrets with the Community... 👍
Am getting prepared to embark on the Shipping option 😬
Tags (1)
Level 9

@Suzanne1 wrote:
Ok, OfferUp. Explain this one--I got paid 5 days before the buyer received their shipment. The fact that it took USPS 8 days to ship a 1st Class package less than 80 miles is a whole other issue.

More details-I believe what occurred is the buyer made a single payment on two separate items I had for sale. The buyer chose the shipping option. Item 1 was received by the buyer in 3 days. Item 2 took 8 days to arrive. Both items were shipped at the same time.

I was authorized for payment on day 4 and funds were deposited to my account on day 5.

Any ideas?

The reality is that these types of payment anomalies (ie. @Suzanne1's experience of getting paid "early") from Stripe will work against the seller in the long run. Just wait until you get 1 or 2 people that want to "rightfully" return/request refunds or a transaction that does not go smoothly.

This is why Stripe has been passed over by Ayden to replace Paypal's presence on eBay in a few years.

Level 6
@Lapua Don't see how the seller receiving payment is going to hurt the seller in the long run? Seems to me Payments received would be as quick as Payments taken away!
If the seller accurately describes an item; fully discloses; ships with USPS insurance to cover lost or damages caused by shipping; the buyer would be more than satisfied with their purchase.

@MJ_26 actually answered my question regarding this issue. See her post.

Regards.