Furniture repair and refinishing (McAlester Oklahoma)

Hey all,

I was wondering if anyone needs furniture repairs or refinishing. I do any kind of repairs from simple cleaning and waxing, vaneer repairs, disassemble and regluing, to full antique restoration. Thanks Jim 

3 REPLIES 3
I don't need refinishing done... But I'm wondering: I find really good furniture all the time. The only things it needs us occasional gluing and a few coats of varnish. Am I better off putting it up for sale as is -- or refinishing it? Because I'm the world's worst refinisher! Can I get a good price if a Refinisher buys it from me?
Level 9

@JoyBizzy...In short, you can make more money (sell more quickly) if the furniture is properly refurbished/refinished, as the only people that would be interested in furniture that requires "work" are DIY'ers.

It is the same for people looking for cars. If a car requires "work" to get it running, it will only be inquired by backyard mechanics who will not not pay a premium. On the other hand, you can make more money on a car that is roadworthy and ready for immediate use.

Community Helper
@BigTfurniture--Hello & welcome to the Offer Up Community Forum. We are excited to have you here as part of the forum. You will have an exciting time sharing thoughts & ideas, as well as interacting with other members!! Unfortunately this site is not for advertising, soliciting business opportunities, or selling items; instead this is a forum. I hope this information helps you!! Thanks for your time.