Have you ever seen you stolen item on offerup?

Highlighted
Level 3
Yup it happened to me if you search pink Louis Vuitton backpack and see one posted on offer up in campbell California. It’s mine and this thief stole it from me and my Gucci sneakers, Gucci boots that you will see on her page as well. What do you guys think about this?
18 REPLIES 18
Community Manager

That's awful, @Linamine24! I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

If you ever come across any stolen property, we urge you to report the item right away. This alerts our Customer Care team so they can begin an internal investigation.

Have you reported this other user?

Community Helper
-Ciao' @Linmine24-
Did you ship them to the user...
How did they receive them?
Checked here for you! Nothing...
Much success 👍☺
Tags (1)
Level 1
I've thought the same thing about my stuff but really you'd have to prove it was yours as their are alot of people that identical stuff so it's harder to prove that it was stolen
Level 3
No she was my roommate and went into my room and took my belongings and had the nerve to post on offer up
Level 3
I have witnesses that saw her with my back pack my neighbors as well. I did call police she got arrested but my items are still on offerup. Offer up need to step it up on cases like this because I have proof those items are mine and nothing is being done it’s frustrating and sad I tear up every time I see that post
Level 7
EDIT: Keep reporting her wherever she posts and go show the Police that she is still posting item and trying to make a profit. I am surprised that when she was arrested your stuff wasn't returned to you.
Level 9
I would contact OfferUp support + file a police report.

I don't think speaking to the person directly will solve anything.

It's highly unlikely you will get your items back if you threaten them.

They will simply deactivate their account.
Level 9

@Linamine24 wrote:
Offer up need to step it up on cases like this because I have proof those items are mine and nothing is being done it’s frustrating and sad I tear up every time I see that post

@Linamine24

OfferUp is only limited on what it can do for privacy reasons..sort of like HIPAA within the health/medical  industry.

You need to file a police report for theft. Once the case is assigned, the detective will get a subpoena/warrant and issue it to Offerup in order to obtain the user's account info. This is the ONLY method in which the case will be resolved involving OfferUp. There is no other recourse.

Level 1
Yes I've seen my stolen items on offer up..
I live in Rutherford County Tennessee..
I was told by a third party that the one person we had thought stoled items had it posted on OfferUp.
I looked on OfferUp and sure enough I found what had been stolen he even admitted that he stoled it I had taken this information to the detective talk to him and even forwarded everything to him but yet nothing was done can we say lazy reaching for another donut...