Have you met someone here who went OUT OF THEIR WAY to be helpful (with/out an actual purchase?)

SOLVED
I had messaged someone with a general inquiry about their desktop. My special needs son needs one to homeschool, after years of bullying by staff... The gentlemen quickly responded that the computer would work, but wasn't ideal for what we needed. (I had explained I'm not spec savvy)
He then went on to explain what I should look for in a pc, and specific details that would be helpful.
He then actually searched HIMSELF, and provided me with a link to another desktop on offerup that matched my needs and close to my budget.

In this day of "all about me" and gimme gimme gimme, it was BEYOND refreshing to meet someone who simply commits a selfless act.

I'm curious if anyone else has had amazing experiences on here?
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Community Helper
@Sandling_AllDay--It's wonderful that someone went the extra mile to assist you!! There are many people here in the OfferUp Community Forum that have assisted me in many different ways!! When other people around you take the time to help out it makes experiences of buying, selling & interacting more exciting & worthwhile!! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!
Tags (1)
165 REPLIES 165
Community Helper
--- "Amazingly Beautiful"---
@Sandling_AllDay
TFS = Thanks For Sharing
Highlighted
Community Helper
@Sandling_AllDay--It's wonderful that someone went the extra mile to assist you!! There are many people here in the OfferUp Community Forum that have assisted me in many different ways!! When other people around you take the time to help out it makes experiences of buying, selling & interacting more exciting & worthwhile!! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts!!
Tags (1)
Level 5
That's wonderful! I don't buy nearly as much as I sell, so I haven't had that experience. But once in awhile I do come across people in other arenas that do some very nice things that is unexpected. I have done things like that as a seller. I am always helpful and it's even been taken wrong a couple times, unfortunately. Even resulting in a block. Even though little appreciation is shown usually, I will always remain a helpful, friendly, and honest seller. There are a couple people over the years that have purchased things that I have shipped that stand out in my mind that were extremely appreciative. I remember an older gentleman I sold a coffee pot to that I emailed chatted back and forth with that told me "you are the nicest seller I've ever met". And another woman I sold a dress to that she had been searching for for 2 years in her size. She was so ecstatic and appreciative and emailed updates and eventually a picture of her in her dress on a beach during her honeymoon. People like that make enduring the a-holes that we encounter worth it. 😁
Tags (1)
Level 3
Well I meet this person every day its Me !😂 I recently saw a woman who had posted a quite valuable peice of antique furniture & she didn't really talk it up or define it much as well as she simply wrote best offer . Seeing , I had sold the exact item over 5 years ago and back then I got good money for mine I contacted her explained what she had & my experience ! She was very appreciative ! I enjoy seeing people be kind & informative because its common decency ! My hubby said " you do know you could have resold that item right ? "🔥 To THY OWN SELF BE TRUE ✌ Don't give to receive 🐍
Level 9
@Tazz66 you’re a good person. 💕 I feel like the world is pretty negative but people like you restore my faith every day.
Community Manager

Aww, that's really nice, @Tazz66!! 

Level 1

That is very touching, there is a God, he is the one who directs us to help others.

Level 6
I had a queen mattress on offer up for 125.00 ... to make s long story short,
This lady only had 125.00 but 100 doller and 25.00 in pennies
When she told me her situation and she and her kids had been sleeping on the bare floor.. I told her to keep The pennies! God bless you..Then my husband tied the queen mattress on her car for her because she didn’t bring any strings or anything the queen mattress was new in plastic
It’s hard sometimes for people.. she was so thankful!!
Community Helper
@Walter1934 That's really nice of you paying it forward! Welcome to the OfferUp Community forum. 😎🇬🇧🔚