Have you met someone here who went OUT OF THEIR WAY to be helpful (with/out an actual purchase?)

SOLVED
L11
Level 4
@MACK-K-DOOGOOD
Just found this post and want to personally welcome you to OU Community. You will find neat folks here that will help you. As with any neighborhood there are some "not so nice peeps" as well. Ignore the negatives & stick with the positive peeps that are trying to grow. Best of success! L11
L11
Level 4
@Mj_206, @Hotrod, @Elin
Just have to share...I met someone on this site named REMBERANCE. This woman went out of her way to work with me & vice versa regarding the "HOW TO ADD FRIENDS" topic in the last few weeks. Remberance is an awesome member and deserves recognition for being helpful and kind and supportive! The 2 of us have become real friends. If not for OU this never would have happened. Thank you all! L11
L11
Level 4
@Tazz66
Just saw this! Kudos to you for integrity, honesty & genuine kindness. L11
Level 2
When I was selling a dog wheelchair, the woman that I sold it to was so sweet and cried when she seen pictures of my dog that went to Heaven. We talked for over an hour and she called me back three or four days later with a list of border collie dog rescue places that had puppies with similar markings of my Border Collie. It was the sweetest thing.
L11
Level 4
@Phil_Webber
That's one of the sweetest things I've heard. Way to go!L11
Community Manager

@Phil_Webber awwwwww! My heart is so full! Heart That is such a beautiful story of thoughtfulness! I'm sorry to hear about your dog! Did you end up getting one of the puppies?

L11
Level 4
@Mj_206
Warm & fuzzy all over - huh? L11😂
Community Manager

@L11 wrote:
@Mj_206
Warm & fuzzy all over - huh? L11😂

EXACTLY!!!! Smiley Very Happy

Level 2
I used to, but have been brow beaten into being very businesslike. In 3 months I lost over $500 in gas alone to no shows. And each of these people had messaged me to death for discounts and delivery (if you don’t have a car, but won’t my $2000 Yamaha Stereo for $40, your priorities are messed up!). I was robbed at gunpoint once (he’s still doing it using the SAME AD, as the police try to catch him), I was followed home one evening from a meet where Id ended up GIVING THEM the item cuz I thought they’d enjoy it more- and they returned when I was at work the next day to clear my house presumably. They were too dumb to consider that a man who works in electronics MIGHT have a security system.

All in all, my experience has been that the majority of the items are stolen, the money is for illegal things (if I were to profile the sellers) and my buyers don’t just want a deal, they priority is to make sure I take a loss. It’s terrible. If I’m selling a laptop that’s going for $400-$600 online, and that best buy trade in has offered $225 for, for $125...back home we’d call that “take the money and run”. You pay for it and scram before they change their mind. Not in here. They say they live a good distance away so you drive an hour to the halfway point, and they’re shopping when you get there...because they live down the street. And instead of $125, they have $40 and tell you “well you came all this way, that’s a lot of gas to toss away”. I could do life in prison at those moments if I allowed hem anymore.

Had one guy... I had a $300 tablet with single crack in the screen that was fully documented with pics for sale at $80. Asked him twice before we left if he was SURE. But he showed up an hour late, and wanted to pay $20 cuz the screen was cracked. I was **bleep**. But I was out of gas, and grudgingly agreed. I factory reset the device, and while it did it’s thing he said he was going into Walmart to get somthing to drink. He’d stayed in his car till then, and so drove closer to the doors. After 5 minutes I knew I’d been had. He’d changed his mind and instead of saying so for whatever reason, he’d just left. Not a word. Not even. Text message. Had left me to sit there indefinitely. In the end I slept there that night until I could have money wired to Walmart. And never again will I be friendly win people. Cordial, yes. And will make mama proud... but never out f my way again. I can’t afford it
L11
Level 4
@Unity-is-Power
You got it! Give freely without expectation of anything in return. L11