How do i stop copy cats on offerup?

Level 1
Hello! I have an individual or two in my community actually copying & pasting my descriptions, from my posts into their own. It's so dang annoying. I am a furniture restorer/artistician. I go to great lengths to be original and come up with great descriptions of my pieces I post on offerup and other sites. I find that there are 1-3 people (novice painters) literally copying & pasting my descriptions into their own posts for some crappie pieces of furniture. I guess there is probably nothing I can do. But it's so annoying.
5 REPLIES 5
Community Helper
@Anntonett--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forums!! Perhaps when you see the post that is copied from yours, click on the top right corner (the flag) and report the person, & in the description of your report state the person is copying your exact post(s).

Customer service can further assist you:

OfferUp Customer care
https://offerup.com/support/new/
Level 3
I just notice someone just did that and try to duplicate my ad listing while beating the price
Community Helper
@SDKev858--Hello, sometimes people try different ways to take a shortcut. Thry might copy & paste your post or ad so the keg work is done & they don't have to take the time to take the pictures &/or ad the content. Unfortunately this type of thing takes place. Just be sure to flag & report the incident. Thanks for sharing!!
Level 9
Apart from reporting them.

Take a snapshot of your text and ad it as an image instead, watermark it with your username.

In the description add SEE IMAGE X

Or

Add "descriptions by me ________, you see anyone else with it, they are being disingenuous."
Level 1
What does reporting even do ? As soon as I post something to sell I get at least 4 bots who reply either “wanting to buy” or telling me to remove the item immediately and they’ll send me a check because they’re away traveling. Offerup has become mostly scammers and bots