How do you handle lowballers?

SOLVED
Level 1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@Tamika22--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! I hope you have a great time interacting with other buyers and sellers, explore the different forums, & share you experiences & insight!!

When someone sends me a low offer, I'll try to negotiate with the person to find a happy medium, & if I go lower on the price the person has to pick up the item; no deliveries. The important key is trust your gut, & if you receive a low offer that you're not comfortable with, it's okay to respectfully decline. Thank you & welcome to the forum!!
7 REPLIES 7
I drastically increase the price tag ..... above the posted one so they know no jokes here
Highlighted
Community Helper
I tell them that the price is firm, even when it's not. If they want the price that they want, they have to pick up. Delivery is the listing price.
Community Helper
@Tamika22--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! I hope you have a great time interacting with other buyers and sellers, explore the different forums, & share you experiences & insight!!

When someone sends me a low offer, I'll try to negotiate with the person to find a happy medium, & if I go lower on the price the person has to pick up the item; no deliveries. The important key is trust your gut, & if you receive a low offer that you're not comfortable with, it's okay to respectfully decline. Thank you & welcome to the forum!!
Level 1
I play along until i’ve had my fill of entertainment
Level 1
As with yard sales or swap meets, I was taught to ask for 2x what I would be happy taking. Then it's almost always a win/win. The buyers who low-ball with a 50% offer will be tickled pink if you just say ok. Or volley to offer back and forth, anything above the half price is a bonus for you and everything below the asking is a bonus for them.
It’s annoying when the add details read please no low ballers! Or price is firm & yet many still ask or offer a lower price. If people want less they’ll advertise item For less! Please read!
Level 1
Control Your Emotions.
Always Remember, You're The Boss!
Always Respond With A Counter Offer.
Tags (1)