How does offer up protect sellers whike shipping?

SOLVED
Level 3
So Ive recently attempted to sell a camera the buyer lives within the state and wants me to ship? I accepted but havent shipped yet. Im paranoid about the buyer protection. I feel like some people might take advantage of it and try and get my item and their money.

Ive recorded myself packaging the camera. I wrapped it in a bunch of bubble wrap, placed everything in a box just big enough to fit everything with the bubble wrap. I also placed air pax in that small box and taped it up really well. I put that box in another box and taped it up really well and stuffed more air packs in thereand covered tge top with a bunch of bubble wrap. I taped the box literally everywhere, covered the entire shipping lable in tape as well and basically wrapeed the whole box in tape. There is NO way the box is going to get damaged. If I shake the box, NOTHING moves. I recorded me doing all of this as well as weighing it in the staples. I recorded to the best of my ability since I need two hands to package the items. I plan to ship tomorrow but Im also considering canceling the shipment. I dont want to lose my canera and the oayment if the buyer decides to lie and if Offer up will disregard the video. I aldo plan on recording it being dropped off at usps and weighed again.

If by chance the buyer does try and scam me are there saftey measures for me as a seller? If not I plan on cancelling the order and selling in person instead...
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Manager

Hi there, @lexeye! There is quite a bit of Seller protection built into the process. I love the fact that you recorded yourself packing the camera up, and it sounds like you're a really honest seller. Buyer Protection claims are treated on a case by case basis, and you would know if they opened a case against you. This is where your video could come in handy as it would show that you did your due diligence as a seller and shipper. 

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
Community Manager

Hi there, @lexeye! There is quite a bit of Seller protection built into the process. I love the fact that you recorded yourself packing the camera up, and it sounds like you're a really honest seller. Buyer Protection claims are treated on a case by case basis, and you would know if they opened a case against you. This is where your video could come in handy as it would show that you did your due diligence as a seller and shipper. 

View solution in original post

Level 3
Thanks so much for the reply its such a relief! I was on youtube trying to figure out where to ship ( I thoufht UPS, then realized tge shipping lable is from USPS). But then I seen some videos where people where saying the customers lied and said the item arrived broken or damaged. It made me paranoid especially because the guy is ordering in state and I asked him if he wanted to drop it off for him. I understand people have busy schedules and I would def order something in my own state for convenience as well. Im just paranoid haha. Thank goodness that I recorded because I had almost forgot and had to unwrap everything to show myself doing it to the best of my ability. Thanks so much for the reassurance
Community Manager

Of course, @lexeye - anytime!! Sometimes being a little paranoid can pay off Smiley Tongue I've actually recommended this a couple times even though it definitely does add to the process. Sellers shouldn't really feel like they need to do this, but it doesn't hurt. Remember - buyers have up to 3 days after receiving the item to file a claim. You can likely delete any of the videos you take after that to ensure you have enough memory on your phone for future pictures and videos! 

Level 1
So this is my second time buying on ou. The first time the Seller never shipped. I had to wait about 2 weeks to get my money back. Way too long. And I just made anithee purchase. The Seller said they'd ship same day...never did. Seller said they'd ship next day...never did. I'm done with ou. I feel ou don't do anything to help people who get scammed or in the same situation I am in. It takes too long to get refunded. It says after 3 days of Seller don't ship the order will be cancelled. That's not true. The only reason I got my money back the 1st time was because the seller cancelled. Ou needs to work on a lot of stuff to make it better for the honest people.
I am new to offer up and some people asked me if I shipped for a certain item. Ibthought this waa for locals and meet ups. Oh well!! I didn't put anything with shipping because I don't know exactly how it works here anyways ? For example: if my item is less than 1 pound in weight the shipping will cost $5 dollars. From my bit of understanding I do the shipping myself later by finding a place like ups for example; I assume? Right? The other concern I have is what it is mentioned above about the buyers lying about shipped item been hroken or never arriving.