How has OfferUp helped you?

SOLVED
Community Helper
Exactly... @Jones68
Which is why OU is helping me to do... wait for it...
"Complete Minimization" 👍😉
Level 9

@REMEMBRANCE  I have to many kids. LOL!

Community Helper
Children really don't need all the things they "think" they need.
Food, shelter, and Love, is sufficient.
You could be raising the next "Humanitarians" @Jones68!
Level 1
I was in a desperate time. I was able to get free food for a couple of days Smiley Happy
Community Helper
Welcome to the OfferUp Community forums @Eriqucha!

@REMEMBRANCE wrote:
Welcome to the OfferUp Community forums @Eriqucha!

There is difference between what is prohibited and what is actually removed from the feed.

In large metro. cities, people often post "free groceries/food" within the free section, which I do NOT personally oppose, as long as there are no conditions tied to it. There are other ads that "ask" for food, but there is no "Wanted" category on the app either.

Community Helper
Hey there @factsdontcare!
True... have also seen posts for food in this metropolitan area...
Was wondering if possibly the receipt of food was through some type of event OfferUp sponsored?
They are always doing Humanitarian needs within the Communities! 💜 that OU!
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community
@JenniferL!

Highlighted
Level 9

Like a lot of you, Offerup helped my wife and I get through some of our life's toughest times. You see we used to manage a small shopping center in mountain community. We had a store with a small apartment attached to it. I've been doing construction work for more than forty years and the store was my way to retire. My body is not holding up to well and last June I had my hip replaced. Two days later amidst the center getting some much needed renovations we were evicted. We had no place to go and had to put the store and all of our belongings into storage. We ended up at a friends warehouse selling her things on OU. We've started selling stuff from our store on the app with great success and are starting to get it back together. Who knows where we would be without friends and OU. A good reason to be sure to spread good karma not bad!

Level 9

@Woodguychris  Sorry to hear about your loss. Sounds like you have a good attitude and your bringing it back together. So glad your getting back on your feet. I like to hear OfferUp has been good to you. Glad you shared your story. Thank you.