How has OfferUp helped you?

SOLVED
Level 9

@REMEMBRANCE  Are you going to be in the tiny house show? I watch that show and I just couldn’t do it. Okay for camping but that’s it. Your a brave women. Are you staying around where you live or moving to another state? When I move it’s going to be Montana. Log cabin! My dream home.

Level 9

@Jones68  thanks buddy! Not usually one for telling sob stories but if it helps inspire just one person then!!! The last three years has been quite a challenge but there's a saying that I use often, "endeavor to persevere ". This is my life's motto and invite anyone to claim it as their own! Old guy's don't die we just keep reinventing ourselves!!

Level 9

@Woodguychris  You are so right Sir. You do have to reinvent ourselves. You have to have the strength to carry on. I’m 59 years old. What happen to you happen to me. Like you, I couldn’t give up. Didn’t have computers back then. Well, not many had them. Everything I had was in my truck. I had to get up and move on. It was hard. I praise you Sir. 

@Woodguychris wrote:

@Jones68  thanks buddy! Not usually one for telling sob stories but if it helps inspire just one person then!!! The last three years has been quite a challenge but there's a saying that I use often, "endeavor to persevere ". This is my life's motto and invite anyone to claim it as their own! Old guy's don't die we just keep reinventing ourselves!!

Level 9

@Jones68 we probably have a lot more in common than we think! I too am 59 and will be 60 this month. Don't know where all the years went, but here I am in the Senior Citizen discount zone of life. Not ready to call it quits just yet though. There's to many places I haven't fished waiting for me. Time to start thinking about doing the Winabego thing! When people ask my age I tell them I'm 59 going on 25.

Level 9

@Woodguychris  That’s great. I used to be able to to turn my age around, say I was 52. I would say 25. LOL! My grandkids ask how old I am. I tell them ask me when I’m 60. LOL! Right now if I turn it around I’m 95. LOL! There are things I want to do to. Just turned 59 in March. I have a few good years yet. LOL! Sounds like you haven’t let it make you bitter. That’s great. Your looking at life in the right way. Life has away of kicking you when your not looking. You may of gotten kicked but you got right back up. Good job. 

Community Helper
Stay Tuned... @Jones68
Now back to the Topic at hand... Smiley Wink
Re: How has OfferUp helped you?
Level 1
Same here offer up has helped in tough times also allowed me to give help where needed I recently helped a young mother with clothes and diapers for her two small children.
Community Helper
Welcome to the Community forums
@Dou9129!
Offer up has helped me get rid of unwanted items, buy food when money was low and also came up on some good items for a price that was a steal!
Community Helper
@Ktheophile91--Hello & welcome!! It's great that you're able to use selling on OfferUp as a tool to reach a higher level of sustainability, & perhaps find ways to make things better. Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts/experiences!!