How to detect scam buyers messages

Level 3
I get one of these kind of messages at least once or twice a week. I know it's a scam from the get-go.
I received the check many times and I delay the pickup for 5 days. that gives me enough time to find out if the check is good or not or if they can play their little check return game. I collect their phone numbers there
v i o t numbers and I post it to the scam bulletin board online. a lot of times if they give you a number to call all you have to do is put that number in your browser and see if it's part of worldwide scam there are certain prefixes that are predominantly always a scam. I warned you it is not good to play with these people I can cuz I know how to maneuver their scam. I have safeguards in place and also have vara check that allows me to know instantaneously if checks are good or bad.
Every single time they want you to take down the post you know it's a scam. Because if you take down the post then OfferUp or any other agency that does this type of thing has no data to work with or able to trace where the scammer is. So you never take down your post communicate inside of OfferUp if they don't like that say bye bye
Community Helper
-Ciao' @Videomedia-

---You just "Schooled" me!
Good to know info---

Appreciate you sharing your savvy business sense... stop by the OfferUp Online Community anytime! 👍

Class Dismissed 🎓 😊
Yes i had the same happen to me. Was rushing me to get him funds from check he sent but i waited , and of course the check was fraudulent
Community Helper
-Ciao' @AbiF-

---Welcome to the OfferUp Online Community---

Superb Intuition!
Thanks for sharing... 😊
Highlighted
Level 4
I mean this has red flags all over. Only a greedy person will fall for this. Only deal face to face with cash and you will be fine.
Level 7
It funny these type of scams have been around for quite awhile and yet it still nets victims every year despite the many warnings over the years. Which indicates to me that people who fall for this are very gullible, very desperate, or just greedy. People need to be wiser than this. This is why this scam isn't going away anytime soon.
Level 1
I’m sure you’re already aware of this but...You have scammers who list a good looking low priced vehicle only to scam people. I noticed this, as I spent hours researching the ads and vehicles. They provide a gmail address in their ad for you to inquire further about the car. Once you email them, you receive a pre written reply email from them explaining why they’re selling so cheap, (in too much great detail). They then quickly take their ad off of your site so they can’t be reported by anyone. I inquired about 2 cars being sold for $1500 and $500, cause I wanted to see why they were so cheap and if the tags and smog check were current. Their reply to me was a bull**bleep** story of WHY they were selling the vehicle so cheap, while explaining how perfect the car is. I asked about tags and smog in my email and they didn't even answer my specific questions. Like I said, their response was prewritten and both of these scammers requested the car be paid through eBay motors. All they say they need is your personal information(name address and number) and they would give eBay your details. Also, the typed font in each separate email was exactly the same. (That was another clue)
I wish there was a way to stop them before some poor person forks over their money.
I’m including both emails I received from the scammers so you can see for yourself how clever they think they are. I hope this helps you keep your company safer.
Here are both emails from the scammers:
Hi,
Thank you for being interested in buying my 2004 Toyota Tacoma 4WD Crew Cab. It has been extremely well maintained with a full service history and has never been involved in an accident. It has 105,031 miles, the truck comes with a 3.4L liter engine V6. The automatic transmission shifts smoothly and the engine, runs great. Title is clean. I bought it when I was serving the McConnell Air Force Base, Kansas but I was promoted and transferred to Elmendorf-Richardson Air Force Base in Anchorage, Alaska for a 3 years period and it is not worth keeping insurance and paying storage fees for 3 year, so there is no point in keeping it, therefore I need a buyer quickly and reliably.

The truck is already at our Logistic Department from McConnell AFB, Kansas created and sealed ready to go. The shipping will be free because I will transport it using the Internal Logistic Department! The Logistic Department will deliver the truck at your address. The entire shipping process will take 2-3 days. The financial part will be managed by eBay which means you will have a 5 days inspection period before committing to buy the truck. This way both, buyer and seller are 100% covered during the steps of this transaction.

If you agree with my final price $1,500 and you are interested to conclude this purchase in a timely manner please provide me your full name, shipping address and phone number so i can inform eBay that i have a buyer. I will forward your details to them and then you will receive an invoice (with no further obligations or fees).
Thank you so much for your interest and please hurry up with the answer because a lot of people have already contacted me, I suppose the price is very good. I will wait your response if you are decided to be the next owner of the truck. Have a good day. If there are any questions left please don't hesitate to ask.
Hope to hear from you soon!
Pictures: https://2004toyotatacoma4wd.pixieset.com/4wd/

Thanks,

Now for the 2nd email I received...

Hello,

I have received your email regarding the 2003 Nissan Maxima SE with only 77.000 miles. The car is in perfect condition with clear title, no accidents, no liens or loans and it has just been completely serviced. Never had or need any paint/body work done, garaged keep always, without any mechanical problems, tires and wheels are in great shape as well, electric is working perfectly. The engine runs very good and the automatic transmission shifts perfectly. The price for the car is $500 (including delivery and handling to your address). I'm selling this car because my child of only 26 years died 5 months ago in a bike accident, the car belonged to my son and it brings me bad memories and that's the reason I want to sell it.
Me and my husband travel a lot with our business and we want to make this deal through eBay, so if you're interested in purchasing the car just reply me your full name, full address and phone number, to open a case with eBay Motors. They will contact you to explain the entire procedure.

Thank you
Level 1
Not everyone deals with these type of apps so you don’t need to call the suckers that get taken, “greedy”
Thank you
Level 1
Not everyone deals with apps like this. You shouldn’t call people desperate or greedy
Level 1
Do they actually pick up the item?