How to detect scam buyers messages

Highlighted

This might be an old scam but it's still happening! Just happened to me today and so glad I came across this post. Thank you!!

Level 2

This just was going on wth me, if I hadnt read your message I would of been another one of the of the victims, thank you.....

Level 2
Im glad my post has been able to help you and others out there that encounter this since its new to them.
Level 5
Wow..!!! Them M.F ... I’m speechless!!
Something need to be done to those thief’s they use my friend toll- backlog today to try to take their money (to scamm them !!
Level 2
Thx for sharing! Someone just tried this today, which led to my search. Ty for the reminder. Scams are old, but con artists are always reinventing their approach. 👍
DNM
Level 2
Awesome info, I did have one buyer who told me to email his uncle, because he was interested in purchasing one of my items. I questioned that & then I haven't heard another word.
Level 5
The scammer is full of .,,,bull..,
You don’t lnow who to trust NO MORE
Besides GOD!!
Community Manager

I always ignore the users that ask me to communicate via email or anyone that offers to send a check. Those are definitely red flags, and should be reported to the Care team!

I'm curious I just got a guy trying to get me to text him and I'm guessing it's a scam of some sort because they don't want to communicate through the message system here what is your take on that also have had a lot of customers make offers and then you never hear from again
Level 5
AND DONT BE SURPRISE THAT HE COME AS A WOMEN NEXT TIME !!’
THERE ARE WOMENS SCAMMERS AS WELL ( LET ME NOT CONFUSE YOU !’BUT NO !!!! BLOCK HIM OR HER
YOU DONT KNOW WHO BEHIND THE NAME ... IM GOING TO SAY DONT RESPOND BACK TO IT👈👉 IT!!!