How to detect scam buyers messages

z33

It's "old" news to some people. I almost fell for it today but glad that I searched online before I respond to the scammer, who's doing exactly this. Thank you very much OP.

z33

I just had exactly the same experience today after my first offer up post. I'm really surprised that offer up hasn't done much to prevent this.

Level 6
Yes becareful because I was scammed out of 562.00 never a again!!!!
They can say they the police if they want to .. They will not get a dime .. which they runs in my family
Wow... I feel like such a fool. I wish I would of read this sooner. I should of went with my gut. But my question is can they do anything else with your info? Name address and phone number?. I told him I changed my mind and blocked his number.
Level 1
No i dont believe so, i provided my information but only use it to send you the check. Their primary objective is to take your money
Level 9
There is a very informative youtube video of a man exposing these types of scammers.
It gives insight on how they operate and their processes. I wish this link could be shared to all on offerup.
It gives a better understanding of what NOT to do in the event that you initially fall for the tactics.
Level 1
Awesome! Perhaps u could share the link here? I'd love to see it. 👍 Thx!
Level 9
It doesnt allow links to be shared. Sorry.
Community Manager

Hey @RevivalGypsy feel free to PM me the link and I can post it! 

Level 9
I will try to find it later. It is interesting