I NEVER get my (cha-ching) alert anymore. Never.

Level 1

Or it comes in hours later. Not only do I miss my initial connection but so does my potential buyer. It's frustrating. Then I get an alert with no messages. ??? When I first got the app it chimed all the time when a message came in then I noticed it dropping off more and more. Now I never get one when a message comes in. Should I re-install? 

Tags (1)
6 REPLIES 6
OfferUp employee

Hey @Terriberri! Are you an Android or an iOS user? We've recently identified a bug that affected push notifications for iOS users that have recently switched to a new device. A fix for that will be rolling out sometime next week. I'm not entirely sure if that's the issue you are experiencing, but if it is you can also fix the issue by logging out an logging back in.

As for getting an alert with no messages... could you provide a bit more detail? Did you get a push notification that had no text? Or did you get an alert badge on your app icon only to find out there weren't actually any messages in the app?

Level 1

Yes, I do have an Android but I've never switched devices. And logging in and out helped, I'm receiving chimes again! For the last question I would get a chime and I would see a red dot with a 1 in it and press it and there would be no message and it happens often. And just the opposite would happen with no chime, no red dot but I would discover a missed message sitting there. I'm thinking the two are quarelated. I also have a problem with getting a chime that is answered within seconds that says 2 hours ago or 14 hours ago like it's been hanging in cyberspace before it got to me.   Thanks for your help! 

Terri

OfferUp employee

@Terriberri could you send me a private message with a link to your profile? I'd like to do a couple quick checks to figure out if there is anything obvious going on.

Level 1

I do not get an alert either on my android - miss any communication from protential buyers.

Community Helper
-Ciao' @Jenney2018-
---Welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum--- ☺
Have you read the whole thread in relation to your inquiry?

Community Helper
I experienced the same type of thing & even huge delays in my response because I never received any notice. I refreshed my app & ensured that it was updated. I appreciate you sharing your story!! Thanks!!