I love buyers who ask, meet up and buy! What do people get out of pretending to meet up?

SOLVED
Level 1

Level 1
This has happened to me also, several times actually. It is quite annoying and rude.
Level 9
@Katiehammond83, because they don't have life and losers.

I wait max 15 min. when not notify me for reason then report them as no show or scamming.

Too many losers in living in their parent's basement getting kick out of doing business with normal people.
OfferUp employee

@Samuel89 Maybe you could say "Hey I'm going to leave soon, if I don't hear from you in 10 minutes for a confirmation to meet, I am going to go with the next buyer." If they know the meeting time and everything, they should be getting ready to leave too, so sometimes that works for people. Worth trying out. 

Level 4
😍😍
Level 4
I change my main sorry
Tags (1)
Highlighted
Level 1
People will always barggin but sell it only to those who trys to only bring down $5 or $10 and usually they buy people should respect others times if you are going to meet me. Don't be on the phone with some one els talking that's just rude.
Level 1
Your right just send a message saying no longer interested or can't make the appt.
People has no courtesy or regards for others time.
I've been trying to buy a truck from this app for two weeks now, conacted more than a dozen or so. With no responce! Or even worse trails off into some huge waste of a day. Have money will travel! It's really that easy!! Ugh!!
Tags (1)
Level 1

We can never know what or why??? I do this for my cash and with 97 sales, to say every  meet up the person/people came to my open garage and I always offer water, lately in the cold coffee/tea, sometimes it doesn't fit, so no sell... yet I make the buyer welcome to rest as they have gone to the trouble to get here. The ones who have me waiting in the cold/roasting garage, waiting..waiting..waiting for no show, no communication ever again...As is life, the good outweigh the bad and in the back of my mind I hope something bad has not happened to all who did not show and never hear from again...Things constantly happen that could put me/what they were hoping to buy,  as a forgotten matter. I will say I get 10 never hear from and worse no show to 1 sell...am I the only one with these odds? I welcome the ten so I may get my one!!!