I will see if i can profile a person without looking at thier profile pix.

Level 4
Ive had to many shady people meet me at my house . Ive taken precautions such as settting up a large tv thats got a live feed of the customer as they walk up my driveway. . You cant miss it. , they all see that they are on camera. Ever sense ive set this up , ive noticed alot less people scoping out my inventory thats in plain site in my garage. Upselling and offering deals on multiple items after the person arrives accounts for 30% of the money i make on pick ups. If a person comes for a hammer , i make sure i have other tools out for them to see . I dont ever negoiate until they arrive, its a huge waste of time . Many People will make offers and dont have the money till friday. But once they show up , i let them know its buy two items , get the least expensive item half off. Especially if tbey are punctual , dont park in my drive way , and all around nice. I have alot of items i get that i cant throw away but wont waste my time posting. That stuff i keep close by to pass out as i see fit , be cool and im generous . When they leave i tell most of them if they or anyone they know ever cones back to buy something esle i will take 20% off price listed . Obviously this is if ur on time and you werent a pain in the **bleep**. I have several hundred items , and tell everyone that itbey can test it before buying but that i also guarantee my stuff . Becasue stuff happens and it sucks when u just spent $40 and the next day it breaks , so i do exchange , fix , or store credit . If i actually marked sold all the items ive sold ive easily sold way over a 1,000 items . And again i upsell about a 1/3 of the time and that item just gets archived not sold . My profile says 700 and 5 stars and you better believe ive worked hard for that 5 stars. . Im all about doing good business, but i dont take anyones crap and i know a serious buyer from window shoppers.
To my point, ive had shady people , crack heads , people that are sizing me up for robbery , home invasion , or burglary. People trying to dump a fake 100 or 50 on me. You name it , ive seen alot. So awhile back i started making a game out of profiling people using everything that offer up probides us, except i dont look wt the profile pix. That can actually get u confused and because we do stereo type people we all do , even though i consciously try not to. I look at their page , their grammer , what items are they selling , do-these items look like tbeirs or something they stole ( many essy ways to spot this ). Are they polite , martial status , sex , age , ethnicity, etc. i am not judging their ethnicity in the way most ignorant people do. As a matter of fact if i could only sell to people from out of state or country i would . A good portion of Southern california people are ( no matter age ethnicity etc)) usualy more inconsiderate , flakey , and disrespectful. My favorite customers are non californians . Take offense if u want ,but i didnt say all , i said a good portion . So anyways i will profile someone as a game , sex first , martial status and so on. When im running this thru my head is when my spidey sense sometimes goes off . Becasue Something doesnt ad up.
I dont meet with people ive not sold to before after dark. However i have a few items that i make exceptions on. Not becasue of what its worth but what it is . I have some items that i sell that when people need to buy one from me , they need it now and its usually for work or school. Plus i can tell alot about someone in so many ways , so many ways . Things id never thought of in a million years but i learned Thru my experiences of selling on offer up.
I really could go in to so much more detail about so many things but im not sure anyones even going to find this interesting so ill stop here for now . I Hope someone can use this info , becasue thats what im all about . Be unselfish and help others when u can with out exoecting anything in return .
GOD BLESS RYAN
4 REPLIES 4
Level 1
I like your post!
I consider myself to be VERY good at reading people’s demeanor & body language. Also, I agree about how easy it is to spot stolen goods, ( I’m a contractor and look for tools often, And there are ALOT OF STOLEN TOOLS LISTED, it’s crazy!
👍🏻
Community Helper
In agreement with checking over certain aspects of a profile, and messaging you can get somewhat of a feel for the user. Sounds like you have a very efficient system, working out of your garage. Good for you...
@lightheadead
Safe as well.
Seems tools do VERY well on OU, and you are definitely proof!
Lots of great useful tips too!
Continued success to you! Ciao´
Level 4
Thank you. .i Was thinking about this post today . I couldnt remeber what i went off about. Hope it does help , someone . Thanks for the kind words .
Community Helper
😊 Ciao´ for now...