Join TruYou to continue?! NEED HELP!

SOLVED
Level 1
It's been a week I can't post, message, or talk to my interested buyers. I contacted support 3 times, they are completely useless. I don't want to sign up for truyou I even tryed like 8 times to sign up but it doesn't read my license. Please remove this so I can message my buyers. I don't want to go to letgo.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@LukeLp--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! Thank you for your response!! You don't have to join TruYou to be on the OfferUp app & buy &/or sell items. All you have to do is login to your account, post your items, & when people reach out to you, respond in a timely manner. I hope everything works out for you!! Welcome!!

View solution in original post

31 REPLIES 31
Level 9
@LukeLp why do you need to register with TruYou to sell? Should not have problem selling stuffs after sign up with phone or email
Community Helper
@LukeLp--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! Thank you for your response!! You don't have to join TruYou to be on the OfferUp app & buy &/or sell items. All you have to do is login to your account, post your items, & when people reach out to you, respond in a timely manner. I hope everything works out for you!! Welcome!!

View solution in original post

in having a hard time doing my account pictures my items to post HELP
Follow the instructions and hit either losmad photo or take image. I've found taking the Photo before hand usually works best. If that doesn't work you may have to go to your settings on devices allowing permission. To use the individual app preference
Community Helper
@johnsondarlene6--Hello & welcome to the OfferUp Community Forum!! Set your image to sell in a well lit area, take the picture, upload the images into the OfferUp app, provide details in the description of the item, & if the price is firm or negotiable. I hope this helps!!
Community Helper
@johnsondarlene6--Hello, & I wanted to let you know that in the beginning I could enter the app & take my pictures from the app, and continue, but there are moments I have to take the picture of the items, leave them in my photo album, & then select the photo to be added to the app. This may help!!
kayy
Level 1

Having the same issue cant reply to buyers on the app. Says I have to now Join TruYou to continue. And add my government-issued form of ID to continue. I was told this by 2 OfferUp Support Advocate. Now you are forced to join TruYou. Im already verified with my email. phone # and facebook. Guess they never heard of Identity Theft. 

Community Helper

Welcome - @hslice13  If you’re using the shipping option also dealing in high value items or dealing in high value items. Accounts could get flagged for both parties safety asking the members that are not ID verified that they become TruYou members. at this point I recommend joining TruYou.

About TruYou
TruYou shows buyers and sellers that they can trust you more easily. When you apply, we’ll check your state-issued ID (like a driver's license), your cell phone number, and a selfie you take from inside the app. For security, we don’t store your ID on our platform, and buyers and sellers won't see your ID, phone number, or selfie. Once you’re verified, you'll get a special TruYou badge on your public profile.