Let's talk thrifting, vintage shops, & charities!

SOLVED
Level 9
Now that's a thrifting success story!! Awesome find. I only scan the books for decorative purposes, lol, maybe I should change that 😂
Level 1

Giggles!

Level 1
Wow, holy moly, that's awesome!
Level 1
I started at 18 in thrift stores when I moved out of my parents house. Recently divorced after a LONG marriage... trash day is Monday and my neighbors throw out GOOD stuff....I almost don't like to thrift anymore beacause trash day is awesome! My 13yo son and I drive around at 11pm Sunday and pull in good things, half of my furniture, clothes, wall decor, all trash salvage!
Level 1
I first got into thrift stores by my cousin, who gave me the key to my wardrobe...SHOES. I freakin love shoes. In the beginning there was English made Dr.Martins that were way out of my budget. Downtown Portland was a store Avalon that had great selections of deprssion era suits and hats. It then got me into cigarette cases, holders and lighters. Knives and war memorabilia next followed by pocket watches and rhinestone jewelry. Signs and films piqued my intrest. Western shirts and slot cars. Pretty much and thing that smells like an old wood cabin that has a story of its own. Then tools and cars became a passion next will follow piloting a two engine plane. And so on
Holy crap, was I a hoarder?
Community Manager

@Trenddesign wrote:
Holy crap, was I a hoarder?

HAHAHHAHAHHA!!! This legit made me LOL. I can certainly say that I was a hoarder before OfferUp!! 

Level 9
😂
Highlighted
Level 1
I love thrifting & estate sales . One of my passion /hobbies is interior decorating/design and I’ve found some real unique gems that I never see anywhere else ! Im sad because I’m having to sell all of my stuff because I’m moving to the other side of the world for our jobs and I can take anything with me !

Level 1
I started in middle school me and my sister would always go to uptown Whittier to what it was than Salvation Army and a couple thrift stores retro was always hip in those days and I believe lol at 39 I found my way back to vintage and really enjoy it! Not to mention how much money you can save so it’s a win win for me haha one thing I haven’t tried remodeling a home with thrift items something I need to definitely try! Thank you, and I was wondering where can I find a estate sale??