Let's talk thrifting, vintage shops, & charities!

SOLVED
Level 9
For those of you whom love shopping second-hand, let's discuss...

When did you start thrifting?
What are your most treasured finds?
Or do you have funny stories?

For myself, my love affair with thrifting didn't come about until about 30, prior to that, I had only shopped yard sales & estate sales with my grandma. Let's just say, I was less than enthusiastic.
Once I started, I could never stop.
I have decorated 4 homes now, ALMOST ENTIRELY second-hand. There is sense of pride in that which couldn't be felt had I just ordered from a few catalogs and home stores.
Feel free to share your stories....
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy-
---Please forgive the delayed response---
Ofcourse, who isn't in some way, shape, or form 😀
Especially, the users of OfferUp... Lol.
Really... you know, RevivalGypsy, you were most likely the womans comfort during what was an "upsetting" day for her!
Kudos to you 👍👍
40 REPLIES 40
Community Helper
-Great Experiences @RevivalGypsy!
---Had a Wise, "Treasured Grandmother" as well---
Love them! 😊
You sound "very" talented in your Gift... Enjoyed your Blog Story too!
Level 9
@KSARASARA thank you, do you thrift at all?

Funny story of the week: A lady clearly "medicated", followed me around for hours nonstop hanging about EVERYTHING. Asking opinion on all things she put in her very full cart. When we went to checkout, she says "there is nothing wrong with me, it's just Aretha Franklin just died so I am going to put these all back one by one". Smiley Happy I was there for 3hours, no telling how long she was there after I left lol
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy-
---Please forgive the delayed response---
Ofcourse, who isn't in some way, shape, or form 😀
Especially, the users of OfferUp... Lol.
Really... you know, RevivalGypsy, you were most likely the womans comfort during what was an "upsetting" day for her!
Kudos to you 👍👍
Community Manager

Great thread, @RevivalGypsy

I actually, surprisingly, don't thrift all that much at the moment. Buuuttt - that is about to change! I'm moving into a much bigger space this weekend, and will certainly be furnishing my place with a bunch of thrifted items. I will actually have a garage now, which will double as my DIY space. I live within walking distance of a thrift store that I plan to start going to regularly. I looooove good deals Smiley Happy

Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy--I read this story & thought it was hilarious!! We all have a gift that we portray to others. In some way it sounded like this lady admired your taste, & I have cartoon voices 😀😁🤗!! Maybe we all have a little "silly" inside of us. Have a great day, & thank you for sharing your story!!
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy--I love how you can take things second-hand, or from thrift stores & turn them into great finds & use them as a way to enhance a space. That's awesome!! I love this!!
Level 9
@Mj_206 walking distance?? Omg my bank account would die 😂
Whatcha' plan on diy'ing in the garage? I have a "work space" setup in mine, but its so hot in there I swear I sweat more than work!
Level 9
Idea: @Mj_206 blogs her offer up and thrift furnishings and makeovers!
Community Helper
@RevivalGypsy--I love that idea!! Sounds exciting!!