Local connections turned to friends

Community Manager

A few weeks ago when browsing through Instagram, I noticed some community members taking selfies with their satisfied buyers/sellers. I thought this was such a great idea that I started doing this at all my OfferUp meetups.

Once the item has been fully inspected, and we have agreed to complete the transaction, I just have the buyers/sellers pose with me really quick with the item. I've met some really great people through OfferUp transactions, and this is such a fun way to potentially turn that local connection into a friend Smiley Very Happy

101 REPLIES 101
OfferUp employee

@Mj_206 Oh I love that!! Maybe we should have a hashtag to go with it?

#OfferUpMeetNGreets? That's kinda long. I'm totally in love with this idea though Smiley Happy

Level 1
Hey what's up??? I love the idea of meeting new friends off of here. Please respond and just maybe we could get to be friends at the least...😁
OfferUp employee

Welcome @Wontons! You'll definitely make friends, lots of creative, fun, and smart people here! 

Tags (1)
Level 9
Welcome to the OfferUp community! Like the Boss said, lots of good people on here with great adviceSmiley Happy
Level 1
@Mj_206 That is such a good idea because whenever I go and stay at an AirBnB 9 times out out of 10 I have become friends with the hosts! And it's a cool thing! Well thanks for sharing!
That's a cool idea , I would imagine most sellers could care less once they are done with the sale .. One guy wanted my Casio g shock divers watch so bad he drove from centrailia and I'm in Tacoma .. I should've taken pic with them , nice people ..
OfferUp employee

@Chriskrisrocks Aww, that's so cool Smiley Happy

Level 1
That’s an awesome idea and I will start doing that!! Thanks!
Community Manager

I'm so happy to see others doing this! 

We love to see your smiling faces, so be sure to post these pics to Instagram and tag us! Smiley Happy