Low ballers

Level 2
Guess you have to emphasize price as FIRM in hopes that you don't get an offer of $1 for and item clearly listed for $40 :/
8 REPLIES 8
Level 6
My issue with people claiming 'no lowballers' 'lowballers will be ignored' is that they generally don't have a concept of what that means.

Some may leave the price point at 0$ and when you send an offer they don't agree with, get pissy.

People put different value on items, that's not the buyers fault if you word it that way.

As stated, claiming PRICE FIRM / NOTHING LOWER or even simply throwing a number out there is best — as no lowballing implies the possibility of negotiation from the random number you have in mind.

Maybe OfferUp should send out a monthly flyer reminding / educating people on the difference between online selling terms.
Level 2
I agree ,some OfferUp education is in order . Makes zero sense to me when the price is listed as "Negotiable " without any idea what range to begin negotiating.
Hi @Archer101 when people post at 1$ they think their going to get offers higher than if they just listed prices. That’s usually where this goes sideways on people, both parties really get frustrated with each other. sellers would just do better do their homework on what other people are selling similar items for.
I usually put firm on all my items for sale because you will always get people making offers through ask questions option, I usually get better offers that way also helps cuts down on lowball offers as well. It’s just in people’s nature to make offers and get the best deal. Just price your items with that in mind. and 1$ usually that’s the way people put free items,
other people use it as make offers. people just need to read the items information and ask questions before tapping buy. same goes for firm priced items. lol
Level 2
Lowball is an offer made for less than a third of listed price. It is insulting to seller and a waste of their time. Ebay has an ignore offers below x setting that Offer up needs ASAP
Level 2
I agree. Ive been selling 3 days now and am shocked at people’s decency when negotiating
Highlighted
When I get crazy lowballers I always take their offer but tell them I need to add a lowballers fee and add the total set price plus a 1.00 over lol I don't hear from them anymore
Community Helper

@BrightMoonstone wrote:
When I get crazy lowballers I always take their offer but tell them I need to add a lowballers fee and add the total set price plus a 1.00 over lol I don't hear from them anymore

That's priceless!!

Level 2
I reply with no and block them
If they are that ignorant I don't want their business in the future