Need help, not sure where to get it

Highlighted
I had a buyer contact me over a month ago to buy something. She wanted it really bad but had no room in her car so said she would be back for It in a few days When she got back in town and paid me on the spot. Then she disappeared. I've been trying to get ahold of her for weeks with almost no replies. She replied once saying she would be in town soon and had gotten sick but to let her know when we could meet. I answered her within a couple of hours. I've tried multiple times since to contact her with no success. I've checked her profile and she's active a lot but refuses to answer me and has stopped reading my messages all together. All I want is to get her the item she rightfully paid for and to not have it in my house anymore. Any suggestions? I'm sorry if this part doesn't belong in this post I'd the forum but I want sure where to put it.
9 REPLIES 9
Community Helper
@Athena_Noctua let me be one of the first to welcome you to the OfferUp Community forum,

Athena_Noctua What I personally would do is send the person one more message saying your going to donate the item, and if they still want the item to please contact you within 24 hours. after that it will be gone. also in the message laying out all the information so you can take a screenshot of your conversations in the OfferUp messaging system. so you have a record of what happened. 😎🇬🇧🔚
@Athena_Noctua wow that's odd! I wonder if someone else is checking her Offerup account and maybe if she is sick she could not be answering because of medical issues. That's a strange situation! Maybe you can make a police report of it just to have some proof that she's not replaying so you can remove the item from your home and have backup proof that you can't get a hold of her..
I agree with @Hotrod I would also screenshot all the convos with her.
Level 3
Okay OfferUp we're back to playing games again you tell me I can I can get my money off their I put the debit card
@Robert28 you only need to post once
Thank you for the welcome and also the advice. I really appreciate it. I've sent the 24 hr message and screen shot our entire conversation.
Thank you! I really appreciate the advice.
Community Helper
@Athena_Noctua your very welcome 🙏
glad to help. also if you want someone to respond to you put this @ in front of their usernames like I did to your username above. Hope to see you around the forum. 😎🇬🇧🔚
Community Manager

Welcome to the community, @Athena_Noctua!