No luck selling stuff

SOLVED
Not much luck on this app. What i have seen sell is stolen and ive gotten offers for trades like drugs, wtf. Anyone know what sells. I would rather throw away my stuff than craigslist so im at a loss of what to do.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
OfferUp employee

@Gemcutter @Timthetoolman What you've mentioned completely goes against our Terms of Service, Prohibited Items Guidelines, Posting Rules, and Community Guidelines. If you ever see people like that again on OfferUp, please report them through the app right away so our Trust and Safety team can look into these accounts ASAP. Please let me know how I can help in any way. 

View solution in original post

26 REPLIES 26
Level 1
I am having that same issue, lots of wierd offers for weed trades.
OfferUp employee

@Gemcutter @Timthetoolman What you've mentioned completely goes against our Terms of Service, Prohibited Items Guidelines, Posting Rules, and Community Guidelines. If you ever see people like that again on OfferUp, please report them through the app right away so our Trust and Safety team can look into these accounts ASAP. Please let me know how I can help in any way. 

View solution in original post

Level 1
What kind of items are you selling? I e noticed that there some hot ticket items (my wife’s name brand expensive handbags, Jordan’s, and workout equipment) and then there are some hard sell items such as furniture or used out of date electronics. So depending on your market and what you’re selling you may or may not have a shot. Good luck in the future!!
OfferUp employee

@AzucarMorena Hi! All great points! Thank you so much for sharing Smiley Happy

Level 1
By buying her stuff lol
Level 1
Price is everything. Sell for what you can get than move on. Price to get rid of items not to make a profit. Good luck everyone.
Level 3
I've honestly had better response and luck on another app.
Tags (1)
Level 9

Hello @iseller

I agree, pricing items to sell is important. Do you want to make a profit or are you just getting rid of your stuff? The forums can help give suggestions and ideas to help in that area. Let us know how we can help.

Tip: if you want someone specific or want members to respond put this @ in front of their username. Like I did with your username.

Which app?
Tags (1)