No luck selling stuff

Level 9
I take good pictures of item and give a true description of the item but yet my stuff isn't selling. Getting alot of views but no offers, some offers are just to low if any. I can't give my stuff away. If i go to meet up for a sale, the other person doesnt show or is a lowballer. Most time i have to block lowballers cause thats mostly what i get now days on offer up. Im not getting the responses like i used to when offer up first began...its gone down hill since then. It keeps it up might have to delete my account and uninstall the app...but before i do, is there any help or solutions to this problem?. I like offer up but its not helping much lately with money issues
13 REPLIES 13
Level 5
You have to price the item right! Most people wont buy an item that is a 10-20% off retail price.

Sometimes you have to wait for the right buyer to search for what you are selling. Use Promote feature - it does help me generate sales.

Sometimes deleting old adand posting new one also helps - mostly people lowball on an item thats been up for sale for a long time... they assume seller might be desperate and will accept their low ball offer.
Level 5
What will deleting an app do? Deleting app = deleted ad = guaranteed no sale.

What are you selling? If you dont mind than pm me with you ad link.
Level 9
I do price the items right, i do all the research on it before posting the ad. I try to be fair and price things where everyone can buy at least something.Even if you put firm on the item its still dont sell. The item just sits with little or no action as far as views or offers
Level 9
If app doesnt do what it says or promises to do..then why keep it. Waste of time trying to fool with it if it doesnt work..like craigslist for example..after a while it just crashed.
Level 9
Ive done all the promotions and it has cost me more to keep promoting the item than the item actually selling for. Offer up is making my money for something thats barely even getting attention with little or less views. Ive reposted many times, same results..each time with a better picture and description...once more same results.
Level 5
Maybe their is just no demand for what your trying to sell?
Level 9
Out of all those different items posted..theres got to be something that will sell...and theres items that is the same things posted on here by different people either under or over priced. Ive seen one other item that was related to mine and the lady told me herself that she pratically almost had to give it away to make just that tiny amount. That she promoted it also and just got mostly views and mostly low offers
Hello. I put the price up and ask what's their price. Everything is negotiable.
Community Helper
@Crazychris--Thank you for sharing your thoughts!! Unfortunately we all have experienced the same type of situation in some way, shape or form. I too have had many situations where I receive a lot of views, offers made, some want the items for free, & want you to deliver them. I take those negative experiences, & use it as a tool to grow as a seller & a person. Just try not to let it get to you. Thanks so much for sharing!!