No show, flakes and low baller offers

SOLVED
Level 1
It happens to me all the time...I'm ready to just close my account....it's every day...and its getting really old..im sick of it ..no shows..people wanting low prices offers on stuff that's already dirt cheap...like a shirt for $2 they want for 50cents...I'm about done...
Thank you for sharing with us. I go through it as well . One thing I do is stay close to home and tell them no excuses about being on time. If delivering add delivery fee.
Keep going as long as you enjoy what you are doing.
That seems like a good idea except how is anyone new supposed to buy anything?
We were all new one time!
Let's get real and learn to accept that people want it now. So don't give them a chance to get away. Deal with them now and explain that you are operating on trust. So stay close to home when meeting and tell them no excuses about being late.
Dude you got it! Always allow them to make an offer . It might be more than what your expectations are.
IDK about you all but everytime someone said they were gonna buy and didnt my phone seemed to be compromised
L11
Level 9
@PhilNThrapis
No shows & then phone compromised sounds kinda wierd huh? Wonder how that happens? Are you giving out your phone number vrs. strictly messaging thru OU? L11
L11
Level 9
@PhilNThrapis
Wierd...Are you giving out your number? L11
Level 5
Two people did that to me last year. One of them had me meet him out in Brooklyn (I live in Queens and have no car and public transportation to get there is 40 minutes). I asked him before the meet up to keep his phone and offerup messenger open. He did not show up. I messaged him three times but he failed to answer. I ended up insulting and cursing him out via messenger because I wasted 2 hours of my time to get out to Bushwick, Brooklyn for him to not only stand me up but also not message back. I was so livid that I ended up reporting him and blocking him (which really doesn't do any good). He did not have time to respond to my business inquiry but he sure made time to report me for inappropriate behavior (offer up sent me an email as a warning for my inappropriate messages I flooded on the jerk who stood me up). Although it didn't do any good and I almost lost my account, he deserved it. That's why ppl who agree to buy on offerup should get severely penialized due to this behavior. It's a lack of common courtesy, especially with the convenient mobile devices we have that only takes but less than a minute to confirm the meet up or message me if plans have to change. People have time to take pics and selfies and post on IG, take snap chats, and other stuff, but cannot keep any business commitments or communicate effectively of which is not difficult at all. A rating system for the seller to rate a buyer upon sales is highly needed to remove flakes, no shows, window shoppers, and trolls.
Tags (2)
Feel the frustration. Check this out. This week a person was selling his computer case and stated it had 24 pin connector for the power supply. I asked what the power supply voltage was and he stated it was a 250W. This was off to me but I just had to see it for myself. Waited almost an hour and since it was raining, I had it in my hands. No 24 pin connector and all I got out of it was a case. I wrote him stating that's bad business and he apologized for it. I hate making a meet and a no show plus gas was wasted. Just be careful out there y'all. They'll trick you just to get money out of you instead of you getting money!
Level 1
They have me pulling my hair out by the promises that they are really so interested & want to buy & then don't hear a word & they won't answer & also no shows. Think. I have so many things I want to post & sell. Do you see Anything that I have on post? You won't be again either. I'm Tired.